Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2009 Jun 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the same cfdocument call on two development and one production server:

<cfsetting showdebugoutput="false" />

<cfcontent TYPE="application/pdf" reset="yes"/>
<cfheader name="content-disposition" value="attachment;filename=Details.pdf"/>

<cfdocument format="PDF" mimetype="application/pdf" backgroundvisible="yes" overwrite="yes" fontembed="no" bookmark="true" localurl="no" >

<style type="text/css" media="screen">
@Import "style1.css";
</style>
     -- content ---

</cfdocument>

Now this code runs perfectly on my local computer, it does not run in my development environment on remote computer, it DOES run on my multi-homed, remote production server in the inetpub/wwwroot directory but it produces a 30 second timeout error on the same production server in the inetpub/mysite directory (all other cf code runs fine.)

The the content is the same, directory structures are the same, the template names are all the same (except for the server name) the disk names are the same, the CF Administrator setup is basically the same and the code is the same in all environments.

Any idea where to look to find out why it works in one environment and not in another?

Thanks a bunch!!!

KD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Coldfusion 11 - windows server 2008 std system. Trying simple <cfdocument format="PDF">xyz</cfdocument> getting:

The content of this document process takes more than 60000 milliseconds to process.

I looked through the CF Admin for setup and found:

ColdFusion lets you register multiple PDF Service Managers. These PDF Service Managers will handle PDF conversion requests for CFHtmlToPdf Tag.

Add / Edit PDF Service Manager
Unique name for PDF Service Manager.
The host name for PDF Service Manager.
The port for PDF Service Manager.
The weight for PDF Service Manager.
If PDF Service Manager is running on https.

But do not know the values for the Host Name or Port.  Anybody have ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF service manager is for cfhtmltopdf tag only, and cfdocument doesnt use it.  PDF manager only works on Windows ONLY and there seems to be zero documentation on how to set up a remote PDF Service Manager.  Basically your on your own.  I had trouble with this and got zero response. 

https://mail.google.com/_/scs/mail-static/_/js/k=gmail.main.en.Mi10Ej2BoUQ.O/m=m_i,t/am=_Iw4jPx7f6EY...Re: cfhtmltopdf work on linux?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

As of now PDFG Add on service is unavailable for Linux environment but you can remotely install it and register it. Here are the steps to do it.

1. When installing PDF Add service, there is a screen comes where it is asking you to Access Add on service remotely, add the IP address of the server where you're installing it.

5.PNG

2. Finish the installation and make sure it's service should be running.

3. Launch the ColdFusion Admin where you wanted to add the Add service and use these details.

11.PNG

4. Once you add the service, start it using the start button.

In case you're not sure about the port please go to this location where you have installed the Add on service "C:\ColdFusionAdd-onServices\etc\" and open the "jetty.xml" look for this.

new.PNG

After following all the steps it looks like this.

14.PNG

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The jetty.xml has the port in your screenshot here of what you are looking for in the jetty.xml as 8988, but yet in the CFAdmin screen shot of the service, you have the port at the 8987.

Which is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KD,

Can you please set the timeout at the top of the page and then try it.

<cfsetting RequestTimeout ="60000">

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation