• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfdocument running slow when generating PDF

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two servers configured the same way. They're running CF 8 Enterprise (exact version is 8,0,1,195765), Java version is 1.6.0_04. Servers are Windows 2008 Server Standard. On one of them, generating PDFs using CFDOCUMENT is very fast. On the other it's painfully slow, can take minutes for a simple PDF. I've checked everything I can think of on the two servers and they seem pretty much the same. I checked the iText jars, they appear to be the same as well. I've seen other people post with slowness issues, but many posts relate to dynamic images, which are not an issue here because I have a PDF with no images in it. I'm totally out of ideas as to what could be causing the difference in performance. Anybody else run into this and find a solution?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since you have enterprise version have you tried performance monitor to analyze the performace of your functions?

Are you getting the data for pdf from database?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is data being pulled from the database. The data retrieval should not be causing the performance problem though. I actually ran the code with the cfdocument tags commented out (so it basically just generates whatever is in between as HTML) and that runs very fast. As for using the monitor, I've been limited in my ability to do that in the production environment, unfortunately. I'm trying to find some time when I can take the server down so I can run the monitor with memory monitoring turned on to see if I can get any clues there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any feedback on this issue? I am experiencing the same thing here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, have not managed to solve it. We're actually thinking of re-installing ColdFusion on the server because after trying different JREs we've run out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you solved it?

I m facing the same problem. In local server its running very fast but the same code taking long time to print a simple pdf(tod isplay one to ten).

Any information on this could be very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fixed this.

In my case, this was because of the McAfee ASP anti-virus.

Basically, it was screening the content of every webpage + contacting their SiteAdvisor website to check for every page… Which was slowing down dramatically the load time of webpages.

I have excluded the URL and IP of my webserver from the things it’s supposed to be checking and it appears to have fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!! good..Can you also tell me whether we can exclude our URL from MccAfee(as my company is also using the same)

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I have emailed the support and they have done it for me.

But, I believe that they went into Policies --> Desktop Protection Policy

Then, if you go to “Browser Protection & Web Filtering” go to the “Exception” tab and add in there the URL of your excluded coldfusion server.

Also, in Virus & Spyware protection, exclude the extension “.cfm” from the “Excluded Files and Folders” and it should work.

If it doesn’t, just email the support and ask them to do it for you

Stéphane Péharpré

IT Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add the attribute LocalUrl="true" to your tag..

i.e <cfdocument format="PDF" localUrl="true">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation