Something has changed with how the cfexchangecalendar tag interacts with the Exchange server but I don't know what!
Up until last week if I passed in a structure like this to the Exchange server everything looked good:
This week however when I pass in a structure like this 6 hours is added to the start and end time of the event. That and the message is displayed as text and is no longer rendered in HTML. Any ideas as to where to look for what changed?
My code to invoke the exchange connection looks like this:
<CFEXCHANGECONNECTION ACTION="open" USERNAME="#MyName#" PASSWORD="#MyPwd#" SERVER="#MySrvr#" MAILBOXNAME="#MyMailbox#" PROTOCOL="HTTPS" PORT="443" SERVERVERSION="2010" CONNECTION="MyConn">
<CFEXCHANGECALENDAR Action="create" Connection="MyConn" event="#MyStruct#" result="theUID">
<CFEXCHANGECONNECTION action="close" connection="MyConn" />
The structure being passed in is shown above... but I'll bet you noticed that.
As a band-aid, when I create my structure I could just subtract 6 hours from the start and end times but once the problem is resolved then my code breaks again. I'd much rather try to figure out what has changed but don't know where to look.
Last week. Like when we had to spring forward an hour? Makes me wonder if DST is somehow involved. Maybe someone turned off DST on a server, or something, and the CF server is adding six hours (assuming server is in CT, which is six hours behind UTC/GMT).
Just throwing it out there.
^ _ ^
Thanks for the quick reply WS! I wondered the same thing so I sent a message to our Exchange server admin.
We also just installed the CF Server updates ColdFusion 2016 Update 10 build 314028 and ColdFusion 2016 Update 9 build 314003 so I can't rule out that something in one of those updates is causing the issue.
That's the main reason I posted the question here in hopes that somebody from Adobe could let me know if there's any possibility of the update causing an issue with the CFExchangeCalendar tag.
Given that CF11 u16-18 broke a lot of things for so many people, it would not surprise me if your issue is related to one of those updates. However, you cannot rely on any Adobe staff to poke their head in and read your request. They do peruse from time to time, but it's not a guarantee. If you want to alert Adobe to this, then I would suggest submitting a bug report to Tracker.
^ _ ^
Kurtis, since you say that the problem started after recent CF updates, you really ought to make sure there was no error in the installation of the update. For more on how to confirm that (in logs most never realize even exist), see my post here:
Let us know if you see the table counting "successes" and "errors" shows 0 errors.
Hey Charlie!!! Long time no see. Last time we saw each other was when we presented at a CFUnited conference about a decade ago in DC.
I did as you suggested and checked the log files. Both patches were applied without any errors. Because 3 events all occurred around the time of failure (DST, CF Server updates, and Microsoft OS updates) I'm going to try and isolate the cause of the error.
I don't think the clock moving forward caused an issue as the clocks on both servers are in-sync with each other.
I'm going to roll back the CF updates and see if the issue is still there or not. If the issue is gone I'll apply one of the updates and test again. Then I'll repeat the process to see if the second update caused the issue. If, after rolling back the CF Server updates, the issue is still there I'm going to roll back the Server OS updates and repeat the tests.
With a little luck I'll be able to narrow down the cause of the problem. Not that identifying the cause will fix it, but at least we'll know what happened!!!
Thanks for the reply! Oh and just so you know... I still read your posts on a semi-regular basis. I'm not doing as much development as I did in the past so staying abreast of changes isn't as pressing as it was in the past. Still when shi.. ah... er… stuff breaks you're an invaluable resource!