• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cffile using web address

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatwould be the best way to copy a file from one website to another - i.e. coldfusion application to sharepoint?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably CFFTP.  As long as you have the login and pw to a valid authorized FTP account, it should work.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I considered this option - It would be nice if cffile would work with web address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too much involved - not a seamless integration. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFFILE is (as The Surf Punks once sang) "locals only".  It only works on the filesystem that it is on.  If you need to do something with a file on another system, CFFILE will not work because it's not the same filesystem.  That's where CFFTP comes in - you're doing something with/to a file on another system.

I wasn't aware that there even WAS a CFSHAREPOINT tag, so BKBK‌'s suggestion might be even better than mine.  (In fact, BKBK knows a lot more about CF than I do, so it's probably your best bet.)

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to delete this post. It repeated things which WolfShade says in his last post. My post comes after his but, strangely, when I was writing it his post had not yet appeared online.

Thanks for the compliment, WolfShade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One other option might be CFHTTP - if you use SharePoint's REST API.  I have no experience with SharePoint, so it's just a thought.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KamHey wrote:

Whatwould be the best way to copy a file from one website to another - i.e. coldfusion application to sharepoint?

Many Sharepoint functions, like copying a file, are integrated in ColdFusion. Use the cfsharepoint tag.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Developing/WSE4D1ED62-0267-445f-8A3B-4642F3F26383.html

http://cfdocs.org/cfsharepoint

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/cfml-reference/coldfusion-tags/tags-r-s/cfsharepoint.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation