• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cffileupload displays an X

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client where 3 computers are not having this issue, however 1 computer is and the IT staff is saying that it's my code (Okay).  When this users goes to a page where there is cffileupload code, all they see is a large 'X'.  Does anyone have an idea where I can go to start troubleshooting this issue for this one computer?  There are no error within the browser logs or any js errors.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

MusicManMD  wrote

I have a client where 3 computers are not having this issue, however 1 computer is and the IT staff is saying that it's my code (Okay).  When this users goes to a page where there is cffileupload code, all they see is a large 'X'.  Does anyone have an idea where I can go to start troubleshooting this issue for this one computer?  There are no error within the browser logs or any js errors.

That is probably because that particular computer used a browser on which Flash was either

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say it, but.. "not enough information.. insufficient data.."

Since it is affecting only one computer, it's a 99% likely thing that your code is guilt-free.  Most likely cause is that the one computer has a setting (network security, browser security, something) that isn't in line with the other three.  OR, could it be that computers 1 through 3 are using browser "A" and the fourth is using browser "B"?  It could be a DNS issue with that one computer.  It could be many things.  Are you using JavaScript or jQuery or MooTools??

I would analyze the network connections of all four, noting any differences between the first three and the fourth.  Then check browser settings (assuming all four are using the same browser.)

HTH,

^_^

PS.  Is the fourth computer a Mac or *nix OS??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, they are all the same OS and browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MusicManMD  wrote

That is probably because that particular computer used a browser on which Flash was either disabled or not installed. ColdFusion's multi-upload widget requires Flash to display. So, make sure that Flash is installed and enabled on the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BK, good catch!  I'll check this on Monday, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MusicmanMD, any joy getting rid of the X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@BKBK, you were right on.  They all had Adobe Flash on their machine however the one with the 'X' was missing a second Flash plugin.  Once installed everything worked as it should, with no apologies from the IT staff. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation