Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFForm skipping validation attributes

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2010 Nov 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<cfform  name="searchnama" method="post" action="search_action.cfm">

<table><tr><td>Date:-</td><td><cfinput  type="text" name="nama_date" validate="date" message="Date field" mask="99/99/99" >

</td></tr>

<tr><td colspan="2" align="center"><cfinput type="submit" name="Submit" value="find" /></td></tr></table>

</cfform>

this form does not work like it does not give any message even though typed letters abcd etc. even does not mask validation.)  as it should be on the web but it works on my local machine

if cfide on hosting server is not pointed properly how can I tell godaddy.com to solve my this problem?

I upload from my wwwroot to my website folder but I don't know how to solve this problem. it use to be working fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 21, 2010 Nov 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this thread and see if that helps,

http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:269389

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you said change cfide to_cfide and place code, I want to do this. How do I find where cfide is siting in hosting server? My local server is working as it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case, you can reach out to the godaddy.com support team who can get that done for you.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did call them but they say, it is your scripting error correct your script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the files from your local server's /CFIDE/scripts directory to a directory on your site. Then, use the SCRIPTSRC attribute of CFFORM to point to this new directory.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

http://www.figleaf.com/

http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on

GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.

Read this before you post:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607238

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to reconsider using the underscore date (e.g. _DATE) suffix in your form field name - if you do not turn off the automated coldfusion server-side form field validation (which I believe you can now do in CF 9), CF may not treat that field as a normal form field.  There are a number of form field suffixes that trigger the CF automated server-side validation "feature": _date, _required, etc.  cfdocs has more info on the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got solution for the same,

1) copy just scripts folder from cfide to the folder where cfform.cfm is sited!

2) I believe that anywhere cfform.cfm file is there we need to have scripts folder be siting in the folder like I always put images or .js files associated with to the folder..

and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation