• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFFTP secure requests just keep spinning without giving an error when connection fails

Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we have the following issue. I have logged a bug in Adobe database but wonder if anyone else encountered this issue and/or have any ideas how we can go around it? Thanks

When attempting a secure FTP connection to unix ftp server, cfftp fails to recognize that the connection failed on unix system (with "Timeout before authentication" error) and the cfftp request just keeps spinning until ColdFusion is restarted (request cannot be killed in Server monitor). FTP log shows one line that FTP request of action="open" was attempted and no other log files have any other information.

Bug#3999633 - CFFTP secure requests just keep spinning without giving an error when connection fails

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some more investigating and turns out that when the ColdFusion 11 service is running not as Local System but under different domain user account, secure ftp requests are just spinning with the behavior described as above and in the bug tracker. Can someone confirm this? Also, how do I contact Adobe to get support on this? I sent email to cfsup@adobe.com yesterday morning but didn't get any response. Thank you

screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more update, issue is specific to Windows Server 2012 R2 server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We ended up buying external Java library that allows us to correctly FTP files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation