Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFFTP SFTP

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

82 Algorithm negotiation fail.

I'm able to connect to the client using WinSCP, however I get this error when using ColdFusion 11.  Anyone else running into this?

Simple code, using the credentials that work via WinSCP

<cfftp action="open"

port="22"

username="#username#" 

connection="test_connection" 

password="#password#" 

fingerprint="#fingerprint#" 

server="#server#" 

secure="true"

>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

I wonder if this is known "bug" in ColdFusion 11 could be the answer? There is a fix that has not yet been released. But you can manually fix it yourself. See this bug report: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4014234

The fix is to get the developer edition of ColdFusion 2016 and install it somewhere. Anywhere works. Then copy from the ColdFusion2016/cfusion/lib folder this file "jsch-0.1.52m." to your ColdFusion11/cfusion(or proper instance name)/lib folder and remove the old version of that f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a possible solution:

Brien Malone's Tech Blog: ColdFusion sFTP and ZLIB

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unable to find the jzlib.jar file on the website provided by Brien.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a copy of the file here:  http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/j/Downloadjzlibjar.htm

I added it to the lib and restarted the server.  I also used the code in Brien's post.  Unfortunately, it still throws the Algorithm negotiation fail error.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's more important to follow his debugging approach than to use the specific file in question. You could simply have a different algorithm error. His approach will let you identify the algorithms used, then you might be able to find out the error.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I have the following ciphers in the log when I connect via WinSCP:

Ciphers: aes,chacha20,blowfish,3des,WARN,arcfour,des; Ssh2DES: No

I don't know anything about ciphers and it looks like Brien was familiar with jzlib and the ColdFusion/gzip issues, which gave him the answer he needed.  Do any of those ciphers give you any ideas?  I didn't see anything in the log that gave me any clue as to what I'm missing, but I'll continue investigate it.  Thanks for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this is known "bug" in ColdFusion 11 could be the answer? There is a fix that has not yet been released. But you can manually fix it yourself. See this bug report: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4014234

The fix is to get the developer edition of ColdFusion 2016 and install it somewhere. Anywhere works. Then copy from the ColdFusion2016/cfusion/lib folder this file "jsch-0.1.52m." to your ColdFusion11/cfusion(or proper instance name)/lib folder and remove the old version of that file. Then Restart ColdFusion 11.

You'll should be able to make secure FTP connections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That fixed it for me.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation