• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfftp to call program on AS400?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During a normal FTP session on the AS400, I am able to put a file onto the AS400 and use a "Call" statement to execute a program to process a file I've just put on the server.

I do not see a "call" action available for cfftp?  Is there a way to accomplish the program execution described above through the cfftp session?

Or is there another way to call the program on the remote server by way of Coldfusion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am fairly certain that there is not currently a native way of doing what you seek.  It seems like a security implementation, to me.  Imagine someone with a CF server making FTP connections to any other server, pushing a trojan, then executing it.  Nope!

Now.. if the AS/400 system were to have CF Server on it, then you might be able to place a CFFUNCTION on it that contains a CFEXECUTE of the newly uploaded file, have the remote server push a file over to the AS/400, then invoke the CFFUNCTION.  Maybe?  IDK.. never tried it.. never had a need for it.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation