Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFHTTP (HTTPS) "unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using ColdFusion Standard 11,0,05,293506 on Windows Server 2012. I get the following error message when trying to connect to a specific site over HTTPS using CFHTTP:

I/O Exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I followed a suggestion found elsewhere, where I imported the certificate into the cacerts store and that works....for one day. I've been working on this for 3 days and every day I'm back to that same error until I re-import the certificate. The certificate is supposed to be valid from 2/1/15 - 2/1/17, so I have no idea what's going on here. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

As an aside, I'm trying to do Azure AD authentication using oAuth 2.0. I tried the new CFOAUTH tag and it worked great with Facebook, but errors out on the Access Token portion with Azure AD (retrieves the Authorization Code just fine though). That is why I'm using CFHTTP. CFHTTP works great when I'm not getting the certificate error, but I can't be updating cacerts every day.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GabriellaFranzione Did y ou ever sort this out?

I'm experiencing the same thing.

@adobe support, can I get a little help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@webmandman8 , create a new thread for your question, including in it your ColdFusion version and Update level. 

This thread was started in 2015. That was a long time ago. ColdFusion has moved on since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation