• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfhttp : the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a cfhttp call from my main server to reporting server. And it was working fine until few days ago.

But suddenly it has started giving errors when I am trying to make http call through cfhttp. Following is the error dump :

Charset     [empty string]

ErrorDetail     I/O Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty

Filecontent     Connection Failure

Header  [empty string]

Mimetype    Unable to determine MIME type of file.

Responseheader 

struct [empty]

Statuscode  Connection Failure. Status code unavailable.

Text    YES

Because this error has start coming all of sudden.I suspect is it because of automatic java update.

I had seen some links related truststore key missing , but nothing was related to coldfusion.

Anyone having idea regarding this ?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Upgrading java to latest version on both the servers resolved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading java to latest version on both the servers resolved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI:  This change just started in Feb 2016.... Java 1.8 is automatically updating (during restart) and deleting old versions of JRE.  Our CF 10 Server quit parsing XML, resizing images and CFHTTP was broken until we updated the Java path to point to the new JRE sub-directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jamo Did you install the consumer JRE or the server JDK (which has a JRE inside of it) originally?  I don't think the JDKs do automatic updates, whereas the consumer JREs do.  If you install the JDK and use the JRE inside of it instead, it should be safe from automatic updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We installed the JRE for use w/CF10.  I thought the official ColdFusion blog indicated that JDK was specifically required for CF9, but not for CF10.  I have both JDK/JRE installers downloaded. We'll migrate to the JDK during our next restart.  I posted my comment because this is one of the few pages that showed up in search results when searching by the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think people jumped on switching to the consumer JRE for CF10/11 because it's smaller.  But the trade-off is the automatic updates.  Although, if I recall correctly, if you are using Windows, you can go into the Java Control Panel applet and disable the automatic update checking.  Also, if you pay attention during the update installation, there's a step where it asks you if you want to remove older versions - you can tell it not to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We were sold on "smaller".  After this snafu occurred, we logged in and disabled "automatic updates".  I don't believe that it prompted to update or remove older versions of Java during the server restart... it just did it.  It's also kinda strange that it upgraded from 8u66 to 8u71, but 8u74 is the most current version.

This security notice (from yesterday, 2/8/2016) advises to update to at least 8u73

Out-of-Band Java Security Patch Released for Windows -- Redmondmag.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation