• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFID CFTOKEN URL 404 ERROR

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a program that was wrote by a programmer whom is no longer with us.  When I go to log in to the program for the first time, after I put in my username and password and hit sign in I receive a "404 - File or directory not found error."  All I do is hit the back button and login again and it logs me in just fine.  I noticed when the error appears I'm getting a CFID and CFTOKEN added to the end of the URL.  When I'm able to login successfully it just takes me straight to index.cfm

Can anyone tell me why its doing this and how to fix it?  Its just annoying to have to login twice everytime.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Codyw725,

My first thought is that your login processing page has a <cflocation> tag with the "addtoken" attribute set to yes.  If you do, try setting it to no and see if that solves it.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

codyw725 wrote:

I noticed when the error appears I'm getting a CFID and CFTOKEN added to the end of the URL.  When I'm able to login successfully it just takes me straight to index.cfm

There are potentially 4 URLs involved here:

1. The URL to which the CFID and CFToken are appended;
  2. The action page of the login form (Look into the code);
  3. The page to which the user is sent when the login fails;
  4. The index.cfm page.

It would be of interest to know whether 1. and 2., or whether 1. and 3., refer to the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kind of a noob to the programming world.  What should I be looking for in the code?  I'm looked for CFID and CFTOKEN statements, but haven't seen any.  Is this someting in the coldfusion admin interface or in the actual program itself?  Sorry for the noob questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion probably added the session tokens automatically. What I meant in 1. was: the URL corresponding to the "404 File Not Found", minus the CFID and CFToken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had a similar issue when we converted from cf 9 to cf 10,  for us simply  setting the  add token attribute to NO cleared up the problem for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation