• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfinput datefield not displaying at all in IE7

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a coldfusion cfform that has a single cfinput datefield which is embedded in a CSS layout.

The webform and datefield display properly in IE8, FF, Chrome but it will not display in IE7 (which our organization still uses).

Any thoughts?  This does not appear to be the Z-index issue as it is not behind other items it just doesn't appear to work.

I am using Coldfusion 9.

Thanks.

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your /CFIDE directory is mapped properly.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I am not sure what you mean about the /CFIDE directory.  I haven't done any custom mapping or changed anything so I am not sure why this would have broken.

Can you help direct me in the best way to check?

Thanks.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you go to this URL?

http://your_web_server/CFIDE/scripts/cfform.js

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

When I go to that URL using either servername, server ip, external website name I get the same behavior.  I am prompted to open, save or cancel for the cffrom.js file.

Does this help?

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that it works in all other browsers but IE7 and is placed inside of a CSS layout makes me think that there is a CSS conflict between your code and the code generated by the date input field.  If you disable your stylesheet, does the functionality work in IE7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insuractive,

I stripped out all CSS and made a simple HTML page with the form and it appears to work in IE7.  So it does appear that it might be a CSS conflict.

Any thoughts on how to pinpoint if it behaves properly in everything except IE7?

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the joys of cross browser compatability testing.  What you're probably looking at is something in the CSS that is either not supported or glitched in IE 7, which is probably throwing your browser into quirks mode and preventing it from rendering the date field functionality correctly. There are a number of different things that could cause this - your best bet is to either do one of the following:

1) look for an online CSS validator that you can check your CSS code against to see if there is anyting that sets off a red flag in IE 7 (not sure if this sort of thing exists, but I wouldn't be surprised if W3C had one of these)

2) Comment out your entire style sheet and start uncommenting styles one at a time until you find the piece that is interferring with your date field.

You'll have to pick the best option depending on the complexity of your stylesheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I will review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation