• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfinput type submit not working in Internet Explorer 9 or below?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form which processes a form when a cfinput type submit is clicked (or enter is pressed) and this works fine in Firefox, Chrome and IE 10+.

However, when I check this on IE 9 or below the button does not work. the button indents when clicked as expected but nothing actually happens. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a JavaScript issue.

Use FireFox with the FireBug plugin to test and make sure there isn't anything wrong with the event.

If that turns up nothing, then use IE9 or IE8 and keep an eye on the error console when clicking the button and see if there is a clue, there.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

I have Internet Explorer 10, but can see the problem when changing the browser mode to IE9 and Document Mode to IE9 standards and can see what the problem is, however when viewing the console and clicking the button nothing is appearing. Would it be possible that there is other code making it redundant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ViktorStamp wrote:

I have Internet Explorer 10, but can see the problem when changing the browser mode to IE9 and Document Mode to IE9 standards and can see what the problem is,

Could you let us know what the problem is that you see?

however when viewing the console and clicking the button nothing is appearing. Would it be possible that there is other code making it redundant?

Yes. WolfShade said this already.

WolfShade wrote:

It could be a Javascript issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recommendation, do not use CFINPUT or CFFORM. Learn jquery and jquery.validation (or a similar framework) and you'll be much happier in the long run and with much more state-of-the-art/user-friendly UI forms. CFFORM validation was useful and cool 10+ years ago but it has not kept up with client side technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I, personally and professionally, have avoided using CFFORM for ANYTHING for the last decade.  It was kind of nice for Flash forms (less hackable), until Microsoft lost a certain lawsuit and set IE so that you had to click the Flash element before it would work.

Now, CFFORM is mostly useless.  But I didn't want to suggest that to the OP (I hate it when I get that kind of reply.)

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation