• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cflocation returns blank page

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a page that redirects the user after they have successfully logged in.  Everything was working great on my test server but when I uploaded it to launch the site the redirect after logging in stopped working.

1. User enters info and hits submit
  2. Code logs in user
  3. Blank page is shown
  4. Refresh that page (without resubmitting form)
  5. User was successfully logged in.

So the page is going to the login script, they are being logged in but the cflocation is not redirecting on my IIS server but it was on Apache.  There are no cfflush or cfdump tags found in the entire site.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

To be honest, unless you show your code, there could be any reason for it not to work. You also haven't mentioned the version of (I assume) Coldfusion on each server.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have any rewrite rules configured in Apache? Also are you sure everything is in the right place, files in the correct directories etc. This tends to be the most common issue when moving to another server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response!  I've checked all the rules and files. All is good.

It looks to me that everything is working but the cflocation.  If I manually go to the page the cflocation was being redirected to all of the code executed before the cflocation has been executed (logging the user in).

It's just the cflocation not working.

An other thoughts?  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that it does not work on Chrome locally either so it isn't a apache/iis issue.  When I'm looking at the raw Response Header the "location" field is blank in Chrome (not in Firefox).  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, unless you show your code, there could be any reason for it not to work. You also haven't mentioned the version of (I assume) Coldfusion on each server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right. There is no reason it shouldn't work so I went through everything again.

I had an instance where I passed an empty string to cflocation for the url.  When developing in Firefox on Apache the empty string just redirected to the root. With Firefox on IIS and any other browser it showed a blank white page.

Thanks for your willingness to help, sorry it was a user error!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation