Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMAIL and encryption

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I noticed that starting in CF11 you can encrypt emails via CFMAIL.  But from the Adobe Help Page on CFMAIL, you have to have the recipient's PKI certificate on your server and provide the path to that cert.  Is there not a way for CFMAIL to reach out to a PKI and get the public key of the recipient?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

I would assume not, because CFMAIL doesn't really reach out to anything. It talks to an SMTP server, which is typically put in place only to relay mail under secure conditions to other servers. Any conversation between your SMTP server and the recipient's server is performed only by the SMTP server.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would assume not, because CFMAIL doesn't really reach out to anything. It talks to an SMTP server, which is typically put in place only to relay mail under secure conditions to other servers. Any conversation between your SMTP server and the recipient's server is performed only by the SMTP server.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Dave.  Even though you assume, it makes sense so I'm marking your answer as correct.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation