Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMAIL from name changing to lowercase

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We're in the process of setting up our new Windows 2016 server running ColdFusion 2018 with Update 1 installed.

When firing an email via CFMAIL the "from" name is converted to lowercase. We can't find any settings in the administrator panel or in the neo-mail.xml file.

It this behaviour when our mailserver is turned on, but to test it's Coldfusion that's causing this, we've turned off our mailserver so that the file automatically fails and is saved as a ".cfmail" file in the ColdFusion2018\cfusion\Mail\Undelivr folder.

--------------------

Example CFMAIL tag (note the capitalised Sender Name)

<cfmail to="info@recipient.com" from="orders@sender.com (Sender Name)" subject="Example subject name">

</cfmail>

--------------------

In the failed ".cfmail" file (or delivered email) this shows as below (note the lowercase Sender Name)

type:  text/plain; charset=UTF-8

server:  servername:99

server-username:  server@sender.com

server-password:  password

to:  info@recipient.com

--------------------

Is there a setting or known fix that I can put in place?

Kind regards, Stuart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced this in our DEVELOPMENT environment.  If you surround the name with anything like parenthesis or quotes, this will happen.  Remove the parenthesis and try it.  I have a feeling that it will not force lowercase when you do this.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've now purchased ColdFusion 2018 Standard edition so are no longer on the Development version. The bug is still in place on the software.

Where can I submit a bug for CF18?

(Link from BKBK above goes to MySQL)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracker.adobe.com

/Charlie

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, even if Adobe takes this seriously and implements a fix for this bug, it's not going to happen overnight.

Try my earlier suggestion to see if that will work as a temporary workaround, until such time as this issue is fixed.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had the same issue.

After some tries we found that we can achieve the "not lowercased sender name" by using this "sender name <sender@email.com>" instead of "sender@email.com (sender name)".

It might break the code highlighting in you editor, but it tested working in my cf2018 environment. And if you really hate the broken code highlighting, you can use script style instead:

<cfscript>

cfmail(

from = "sender name <sender@email.com>",

to = "someone@email.com",

subject = "test",

type = "html"

){

writeoutput('my email content')

}

</cfscript>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation