• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMAIL - Moving Coldfusion 9 to 2008 Win Server.

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of moving my coldfusion 9 installation two a new server during the process I have found that the CF-9 will no longer connect to the mail server. Could having CF-9 installed on two different server cause the CF-9 not to connect to my mail server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are both using the same activation key, possibly.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are using the same activation code. Will I need to contact adobe after the move is complete and the old server is disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I suggested is only one possibility.  It may or may not be the activation key.  It _could_ be a firewall or proxy issue.  Or maybe the new install isn't using the same user account as the old.  Are you sure the new install is using the same email settings as the old?

But, if it is the activation key, I'm not sure how to fix that.  You may want to contact Adobe sales or tech support to see if there is a way to temporarily use the same activation key on both servers.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Problem could be the "relay" rule at the mail server end. Each CF9 system will have it's own TCP address. Perhaps the mail relay will not allow the newer CF9 TCP address to send messages.

You could try telnet the email server from CF9 Windows command prompt then key in SMTP commands to see what happens to email attempts.

Is anything in CF9 logs for the attempted delivery of mail messages?

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the mail server is not on the same server as CF then I would imagine that its just blocking the IP address of the new server. Unless you are mad and run an open relay, your mail server will only allow connections / relay per IP address. When you moved to a new server you would get a new IP. This IP would need to be allowed.

You will need to talk to whoever is the admin for your mail server to configure it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation