Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfmail not sending to external address

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a new web server that I am testing before turning it on live. I have run into a cfmail issue. The server is

Windows 2008 R2, 64Gig ram, 64-bit, IIS 7.5, Coldfusion 9.0.2 multi server, clustering 2 CF instances, JDK1.7.0_71

We had a company setup CF and harden so this may be related to the hardening but I am not sure.

<cfmail is not sending email to recipients outside of our domain/work domain. The 1st <cfmail> tag below sends the email but the 2nd one does not. This is what I see when trying to send via the 2nd <cfmail> tag with external recipient email address domain

- no errors on the page I run in the browser

- email is not received at me@home.com (syntax is correct)

- attempt #2 shows up in mail/Undelivr folder

- mail.log has this error

"Error","scheduler-3","01/15/15","10:13:27",,"javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;   nested exception is:  com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay

- application.log - no error

- exception.log has same error in addition to stack trace

- server.log no error

Any help is appreciated

Joe

<cfmail to="me@work.com" from="someone@work.com" subject="test" type="html">

#DateFormat(now(),"mm/dd/yyyy")# #TimeFormat(now(),"HH:mm:ss")#<br />

</cfmail>

<cfmail to="me@home.com" from="someone@work.com" subject="test" type="html">

#DateFormat(now(),"mm/dd/yyyy")# #TimeFormat(now(),"HH:mm:ss")#<br />

</cfmail>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

CFMAIL is just a wrapper for the underlying Java mail API methods, so there should not be any problem with it.

Seems like SMTP server is not registered to send mails out. So this is purly the problem with the SMTP server, not with the CFMAIL

HTH

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFMAIL is just a wrapper for the underlying Java mail API methods, so there should not be any problem with it.

Seems like SMTP server is not registered to send mails out. So this is purly the problem with the SMTP server, not with the CFMAIL

HTH

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thought VJ.

I forgot to mention that the same file with the same cfmail tags works on all of our other web servers. All of our CF web servers point to the same corporate mail server so I know that part works. it just appears to be a problem from this new web server.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem was our mail relay server did not have the IP of the new web server. After adding the IP cfmail was able to send to external addresses.

Thank VJ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation