Highlighted

CFOBJECTCACHE - question for Adobe

LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I recently ran across CFOBJECTCACHE, which has a single attribute with a single option, action="clear".  This was introduced in CF5.

I haven't used it, yet, but it looks like I might have a reason to, soon.  But I am wondering if Adobe (or even Lucee) is planning on modifying it so that one can clear a specific query (as opposed to all cached queries within an application)?  Seems to me that if one has a site/app that has many (say, 30 or more) cached queries that this could put a huge strain on the CF Server due to all queries being re-run after this tag is used.

I know that this isn't a forum that is staffed by Adobe employees, but occasionally an Adobe employee does peruse, here.  What say you, Adobe?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CFOBJECTCACHE - question for Adobe

LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I recently ran across CFOBJECTCACHE, which has a single attribute with a single option, action="clear".  This was introduced in CF5.

I haven't used it, yet, but it looks like I might have a reason to, soon.  But I am wondering if Adobe (or even Lucee) is planning on modifying it so that one can clear a specific query (as opposed to all cached queries within an application)?  Seems to me that if one has a site/app that has many (say, 30 or more) cached queries that this could put a huge strain on the CF Server due to all queries being re-run after this tag is used.

I know that this isn't a forum that is staffed by Adobe employees, but occasionally an Adobe employee does peruse, here.  What say you, Adobe?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 11, 2017 0

Have something to add?