• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFPDFFORM Field lengths

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be an Acrobat question, but I'll start here.

I am trying to do a mail merge using CF <cfpdfform tag.

I have a query with 100 records that loops through the PDF with these form fields.

PDF1.PNG

My query loops through and adds/inserts the query values to each PDF and creates 100 pdf's with the filled in values.

Because I don't need to worry about the length of any of these values, It works great.

But here is where I have my issue

PDF2.PNG

When the query value is within a sentence I don't know how large to make the text field on my blank fill in PDF

When the city name is Ida the field needs to be a certain width and when the city name is Oklahoma City it needs to be a much larger width..

Is there a way to deal with this?

ShouldI be using a different way to merge query data with these PDFs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Replace that paragraph with a blank multi-line text box, and build the string for the paragraph programmatically.   Then populate the multi-line text box with that string.  PDF will take care of word-wrapping inside the text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

just to make sure I understand it correctly, you are merging 2 mails using cfpdfform tag?

Thanks

Sandip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Its one mail/letter. What I showed with the images is 2 parts of the same letter.

One part the date, name, address, city state, and zip populates great because they are not within a sentence.

But when the fill-in field is within a sentence I have issues due to the varying length of the city & state fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get together and look into the issue? Please mail me at cf.install@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Replace that paragraph with a blank multi-line text box, and build the string for the paragraph programmatically.   Then populate the multi-line text box with that string.  PDF will take care of word-wrapping inside the text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation