Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFSchedule not working

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running CF 2016 with update 3.

Ever since upgrading from CF 8, none of our scheduled tasks that we create outside of the administrator will run.

These tasks are date driven to run once and call a url which starts the task.

Every time we execute the url, either through the CF admin or directly, we get the same error that "The following task could not be found: (name of task)"

I've confirmed that the task in the admin and the name of the task in the database are the same. I've tried removing all spaces from the names, I've tried numbers only. I've tried changing the task from running one time to running on a schedule. Nothing helps.

Here's the code that throws the error:

<cfschedule

task="#getSaleName.salename#"

action="run">

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get some answers, I have the same problem with CF11, said it cant find the schedule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realize this is an old thread, but as I was researching a similar problem I found something that may help others who find this thread. There was another thread where someone reported a similar (not exactly the same) problem. Same error, at least, and to do with dealing with tasks.

And they found the solution was to use group or mode values for the task (whether in the ui or in cfschedule), so that's worth a shot for the two folks reporting the problem here. 

It would be great to hear if it works or does not. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation