• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cfspreadsheet compatibility issues with Office 2013 (Excel 2013)

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a web application that generate Excel Spreadsheets with formulas, colors and formatting.
If the XLS generated by the application is opened from an Office 2013, we randomly loose the formatting (and colors) in the middle of the page. (It starts corrently but at some point, the formatting seems to stops for an entire column or two).
It works well with Office 2010 so it looks like there is some sort of imcompatibility issue.

Note. I'm using coldfusion 9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are using an older version of ColdFusion that was released in 2009 to generate documents for a newer version of Excel that was released in 2012, it shouldn't be surprising that there could be incompatibility issues.  You might try testing against the current ColdFusion release (version 10 - you can install a developer edition copy somewhere to do your testing).  Otherwise, you might look at using the Apache POI project which might be more compatible.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing the exact same behavior with ColdFusion 10.  Formatting works fine for about half of the sheet and then goes haywire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ericbegins​, are you using CFSPREADSHEET, or SpreadsheetNew()?

If you are using SpreadsheetNew(), format it for .xlsx (XML) instead of .xls.  I've seen where the .xls files have had issue with formatting, similar to what you refer to.

SpreadsheetNew('mySheet',true);

// Uses updated XML format for Excel spreadsheets,

// not the old (Office 2010 or earlier) version.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!  We'll have to rewrite some custom color pallet functionality we had, but that's not nearly as important as it throwing off the content of the worksheet.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that you got it working.    Please mark my answer as correct, in case anyone else has this issue.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried last week, but I'm not seeing any way to mark it correct.  It's probably because I am not the OP.  Maybe akkanto​ can?

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation