• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfspreadsheet failing from spreadsheet generated from SQL Reports 2016

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cfspreadsheet seems to have an issue with .xlsx files generated by SQL Server Reporting Services 2016.

If I try to run cfspreadsheet, I get the following error:

OPC Compliance error [M4.1]: there is more than one core properties relationship in the package !

The spreadsheeet is nothing fancy generated from SQL Reports, just about 15 columns, no subtotals, etc...straight row by row data.

If I create a new spreadsheet, and copy the data from the SQL Reports generated into the new blank spreadsheet, cfspreadsheet will work.

Currently on ColdFusion 10,285437

Anyone run into this before?  A bug somewhere in Coldfusion Apache POI routines?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, YZ250F,

It may be an outdated POI library.  Adobe has a reputation of releasing CF Server with outdated javascript for things like CFFORM and the lot, I would not be surprised if they released CF10 with an outdated POI.

I'd file a bug report https://tracker.adobe.com and see what they say.  Although don't expect a quick fix - Adobe also has a reputation for trying to not fix things and use excuses for why not.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good.  I even copied over the basic shading and colors of the SQL Report Excel version into the new blank spreadsheet and it worked.  I'll go ahead and log a bug, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Response received from bug tracker:

CF10 is not longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported version of CF.

Time to upgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typical.  According to Adobe:

Product                              Version                                                  Available                    End of CORE               End of Extended

ColdFusion10.x 5/15/20125/16/20175/16/2019

So, core support ended last year, which means what?  They don't care, even though extended support goes into next year.

I've been looking at Lucee, and it's looking better and better, all the time.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extended support is for users paying additional money.

By the time CF10 was released POI probably wasn't outdated. POI is one of the libraries that can simply be replaced, has always worked.

OP says he exports the files from SQL Server 2016; that was released four years after CF10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bardnet  wrote

By the time CF10 was released POI probably wasn't outdated.

Maybe, maybe not.  I haven't checked what version was shipped with CF10 vs what was available at the time.  But Adobe shipped versions of CF with outdated Ext.js and outdated Lucene for Solr collections, so it would not surprise me if the POI was outdated at the time CF10 shipped, is all I'm saying.  It could be licensing, it could be laziness.  IDK.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, just found out some of our CF Servers were not updated but we do have CF 2016.  I'll be able to test on CF 16 now and get the server updated then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation