• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfspreadsheet - write issues

Participant ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use <cfspreadsheet> on a unix box,  we are using weblogic as our app server.

the code worked fine on my local machine ( win) and when moved over to the unix box, i get

An  exception occurred while using action=write.             coldfusion.excel.ExcelProcessException:  An exception occurred while using action=write.

the path has been adjusted for unix, the directory and file permissions  all allow for write and execute.

Has anyone run accross this?

tia

JB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Make sure that you have right path with all similar cases. There may be folder called "Test" but in our code, we will be setting it as "test" which will definitely not work. So have same cases since its a UNIX env.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this being written to ram:// ?  I'm having the same issue with trying to write spreadsheets to the ram drive, but writing to the hard disk seems to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug report filed for  9.0.1. I do not know it is status in CF10

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3042909

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with ColdFusion 2016 that is the <cfspreadsheet> tag writes on a Server with Windows 7 but not on Red Hat Linux 7. The error is the same:

An  exception occurred while using action=write. coldfusion.excel.ExcelProcessException:  An exception occurred while using action=write.

The above issue does not exist in Red Hat 6 for ColdFusion 10.

We are migrating applications from ColdFusion 10 to ColdFusion 2016. I would appreciate help from Adobe in resolving this issue.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Check for case.  "/folder" is not the same as "/Folder".

2. Check for permissions.  If the CF user account does not have read/write permissions for that folder, this could trigger the error you are seeing.

3. Place the code that is erroring within CFTRY/CFCATCH tags and within the CFCATCH use CFDUMP var="#cfcatch#" to see precisely what the error is.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation