• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cftextarea with CF 2018 skin does not display.

Explorer ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded all my domains to CF 2018, and find that the following cftext tag no longer works.

<cftextarea richtext=true skin="moono" toolbar="Basic" WRAP=PHYSICAL ID="FormsMultiLine1" style="font-family : Tahoma, times new roman; font-size : 9pt" NAME="copy" height="200" width="550"></cftextarea>

See this test page: http://www.natsojtest.org/test.cfm  Note that nothing shows up.

I need some help on this asap.

Thanks,

JRL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

As an update on this, a fix is coming and until then a workaround is available.

First, someone did file a tracker ticket in Jul 2020, and Adobe acknowledged the problem as being "found in" update 10 and said it was "fixed in build" referring to a fix number rather than an update number. (Hopefully it will be in the next update due, 11. I have asked in the ticket.):

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4209353

Until then, folks can try the workaround offered by the OP, RaehmLeonard, in their

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be either of two things.

1) First, it could be that this is one of several tags affected by the removal (in 2018, and per latter updates to cf2016--and even 11, I think) of the deprecated YUI toolkit.

You can add that library back, in seconds. Adobe even shows you how. See the bottom of the page, https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/deprecated-features.html.

2) if that's not it, another possibility is that you or a colleague changed the cf admin settings page and it's default scriptsrc directory name. Some do that for security reasons. 

If you do, then you must ALSO define a virtual directory (in iis) or alias (in apache or CF's built-in web server) to have the same name and to point to the cf scripts folder in the cf cfusion/wwwroot/ folder. 

3) Either way, many would want to point out that rather than implement such a work-around, you should really undertake an effort to REMOVE such tags that rely on that. There are nearly  always more modern js equivalents available.

But if you're in a pinch (as your initial note suggests), this could get you going.

Let us know how it goes. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFTextArea skins (C:\ColdFusion2018\cfusion\wwwroot\cf_scripts\scripts\ajax\ckeditor\skins) was setup with a folder called "moono". However, this folder did not have a full copy of the CKEditor skin files that were expected, which was causing 404 errors to be displayed. However, I was able to obtain an updated copy of the "moono" skin theme from the CKEditor addons download page (https://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/moono)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your clarification of what it was--and glad I prefaced my proposals as what it "could be". 🙂 

Did you find that on your own or via a resource online? Any link for the latter would be appreciated.

Most important, to really help others, would you consider filing a bug report at tracker.adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an update on this, a fix is coming and until then a workaround is available.

First, someone did file a tracker ticket in Jul 2020, and Adobe acknowledged the problem as being "found in" update 10 and said it was "fixed in build" referring to a fix number rather than an update number. (Hopefully it will be in the next update due, 11. I have asked in the ticket.):

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4209353

Until then, folks can try the workaround offered by the OP, RaehmLeonard, in their comment here.

I'm going to go ahead and mark this as the "answer", to digest things for future readers, but if new info arises or the OP feels otherwise, that can be changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation