• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFTree and CFMenu replacements

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw that CF11 is being unsupported at the end of this month.  Two tags that I see I need to replace with going to CF2018 are cftree and cfmenu.  Can someone point me to where I can find replacements for these?  thanks,

Ronnie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to be the one to jump in and say this, sincerely, but you should stop using CFFORM and all child elements.  Use a JS library like jQuery or MooTools and a CSS library like Bootstrap, learn how to code for what you are trying to achieve.  CFFORM was a good idea when it was first introduced, but the UX/UI things that Adobe incorporates is seriously outdated, and Flash forms will soon be unsupported in any modern browser.  As you already know, many things are deprecated and will soon no longer work, period.

This is the best time for you to start writing your own UX/UI code, and learning how to do that will make you an all around better developer, coming just a bit closer to being a "full-stack" coder.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is a bit old, but thought I'd reply in case anyone else comes looking for a solution (such as I did).

While the correct answer is to reimplement the solution, it's been left out that a temporary fix may be needed to complete a migration, allowing you to properly schedule the refactor of the code base as oppossed to throwing everything to the side just to get one legacy site up and running.

follow this link:   https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/deprecated-features.html

scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll find downloads for the yui and spry libraries.  The bottom of the page will also guide you in where to install them.

download the libs, unpack and place the libs where the belong:

[your root]/cfusion/wwwroot/cf_scripts/scripts/ajax/

[your root]/cfusion/wwwroot/cf_scripts/scripts/ajax/resources/

*careful unpacking the libs, they were compressed from a live install, so they include the full file structure; you need to get rid of the extraneous folders.

Once you have the libs in place, since they are javascript, no restart is needed.  Go back to your site, it should now be working.  This will buy you time to schedule the refactor properly rather than letting it become an emergency.

Tested on ColdFusion 2018 running on CentOS Linux 7

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation