Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFv11 Patch 18 failing MD5 checksum

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So,

Wanting to apply the latest CFv11 patches due to all the press coverage about security problems being exploited in the wild I visited the patch download page at ColdFusion 11 updates but when I pull down patch 18 and run an MD5 checksum the result I get is NOT what's listed on that page.

I have downloaded a bunch of the previous patch files and run the same check (openssl md5 <filename> in case anyone thinks I'm doing it wrong) and they all match what's printed on the download page. It's only patch 18 that doesn't match.

I'm trying to find out if that's a mistake by Adobe or there's some sort of corruption of tampering with the hotfix18.jar file.

Any help appreciated as this is holding up patching for security.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Hi,

There is some issue with region link, we have updated the doc from the backend. I am working with the team to get it synched up.

You can use this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-11-updates.html

Thanks,

Priyank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is some issue with region link, we have updated the doc from the backend. I am working with the team to get it synched up.

You can use this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-11-updates.html

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That MD5 checksum matches what I'm seeing.

Thanks for the quick response, I'll now get on a patch our servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation