Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,
I have this simple code to show a pop up window using cfwindow:

<cfajaximport tags = "cfwindow">
<cfwindow initshow="true"  x="200" y="200">
this is cfwindow contents
</cfwindow>

It supposes to show a pop up window with the words say "this is cfwindow contents".
BUT I only see "this is cfwindow contents", there is no frame, no pop up window, and it gives me NO error, I think it has something to do with css.
It happens the same thing with ipod, cflayout.

It's hard to fix  the issue since it not gives me any error message
I wonder if anyone out there has the same issue
Thank you
HP
pham_mn@yahoo.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CF Builder 2016, and CF Server 2016

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't really answer your question. But I strongly recommend you avoid using CFWINDOW etc and just use native JavaScript functionality instead. You will need to learn JavaScript to build web applications, and all these tags do is generate JavaScript for you.

That said, you might see some errors if you enable developer mode in your browser. Look for any red lines in there.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we should avoid using cflayout as well?

We are heavily using cflayout right now

Thank you so much for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I would recommend avoiding all of the CF tags that generate JS UI functionality. If you're already using it, I guess it's a little late for that. But I wouldn't use any more of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I wonder why you recommend to avoid using CFWINDOW (maybe cfpod, and cflayput as well) please?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you avoid them for the reason I already gave. They generate JavaScript. To develop web applications, you need to learn JavaScript anyway, because you will need to do a lot more than these tags do. Once you learn JavaScript, in addition to being able to do other tasks, you will also be able to do these tasks better than CF's built-in JavaScript generation allows you to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what Dave has already stated, the javascript that ships with CF Server is outdated and not really suitable for modern day browsers (unless Adobe updated to a more recent version of Ext.js for CF2016.. which I doubt.)

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I’ll add still more to Dave and Wolf’s points: Adobe literally has removed some of the underlying Javascript library (yui) that supported some of these UI elements, as of a new installer for CF2016 that came out in Dec 2016. You can add them back, but until you do, some things will indeed seem “broken” . you don’t say what version you are running, but that could be a cause. For more on that, see:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2017/7/17/fixing_issue_with_cf_calendar_problem_in_cf11u12_cf2016u4.

Second, it could be a misconfiguration of CF and your web server. These CF javascript libraries are served to your browser by way of an underlying “script src” directory that needs to be set in the CF Admin (settings page) and in your web server. If those are not correct, then your browser won’t find the libraries, and your code will seem to fail like you say. To start in solving those, you would want to see if the underlying calls for the js libraries are working. You can do a “view source” in your browser and find the calls and then test them, or you can use the “developer tools” in any modern browser and their “network” tab to help find when underlying requests from the browser to the server are failing. I did a blog post on that as well (though it’s old and needs to be updated):

https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2012/3/20/builtin_browser_proxy_sniffer_tools

Hope that helps, Pham.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking your time.

I presses F12 in IE 11 to view Developers Tool.  and click on Console tab, and it said something like 'ColdFusion is undefined'.......'Ext is undefined'.  I think more likely it could be a misconfiguration of CF and your web server because we have already set up our CF2016 Test server and it works just fine, but now we try to install CF 2016 on another machine for Production environment, then it causes the problem we having now (CFWindow).

I did check and compare the IIS and CF Server Admin settings between TEST environment and PRODUCTION environment,  they are look the same.

And CF 2016 works fine in Development environment (built-in web server).

Any thought?

Thank you for your time again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is being mismapped, somewhere.  Or, the JS files were installed to the wrong directory (or missing.)  "ColdFusion is not defined" is because when the JS loads, it's variable name for itself is "ColdFusion".

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Default ScriptSrc Directory in CF Admin: Server Settings > Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it.

We blocked the URI /cf_script/script to avoid hacker, so we created an alias called cfscript-ABC123 that should point to /wwwroot/cf_scripts/scripts, but I only pointed it to wwwroot/cf_scripts/

And cfscript-ABC123 is in Default ScriptSrc Directory in CF Admin: Server Settings > Settings

Thank you guys.

Dave: I will avoid using CFWINDOW or any CF's built-in JavaScript generation in the future.  And will replace the already-use-CFWINDOW when I can build my own Java Script

AGAIN.... THANK YOU ALL and Happy the 4th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it fixed, pham_mn!

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation