• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character encoding with cfntauthenticate

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been authenticating users of my web app against Active Directory using the cfntauthenticate tag which works pretty well and was simple to implement.  We have one or two European users who cannot log in because they are getting an invalid password error.  There username and password was checked as being valid by using other non-CFapplications that also authenticate against the domain .  The common thread seems to be that they use umlauted or other European accented characters.  These characters can be multi-byte in a unicode environment so I've tried a number of methods to altering the encoding of the page so that the password is recognized as valid but have had no luck so far.  Has anyone encountered this or have any information on the encoding of the form field when passing it through this tag? 

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have an answer for your issue, but I'm surprised that it works at all.  The docs for cfntauthenticate (at least the ColdFusion 10/11 docs) specifically say that it won't work with Active Directory, only with a Windows NT domain.  You might have better luck using CFLDAP.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation