Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

check uploaded word template

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a word template which users can download and update the information and upload it again. In the footer of the document I have a document number. How do I check if the the document number is same and if the user uploaded the correct template.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware that CF has any feature in it to read a word doc. Someone may point out that there is the option in Word of saving a document in ".docx" format, which is XML, and then theoretically one could "read" that XML with CF, but I think most would find it very difficult to do. And since Word still supports the purely binary ".doc" form, you may find yourself tripping over that. Bottom line, this use case is not one well suited to CF, I think.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have any other way to solve this like calling a script from Coldfusion.  

1. To check if the correct document (.doc) template is uploaded by checking the document number in the file.

2. Also, to find and replace the text in the document with who uploded by and uploaded date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By "calling a script", do you mean perhaps something outside of cf? Sure, you can do that (via cfexecute, for example), if you can find something outside of cf to do what you want.

I'd say your chances of someone here knowing of such a tool are slim, but we'll see what folks may say.

I'm sorry I'm not giving you the answer you seek. I just didn't want to leave you hanging here with no answer at all

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation