• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ClassCastException

Participant ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to determine the cause of the ClassCastException message I am getting from a web service I am calling with CF8. The message is returned from an internal WebLogic web service.

For the most part it works fine but when I request something that the web service can't handle I get the ClassCastException message. I turned on SOAP logging to get the real cause of the problem but the CCE is messing up my exception handling.

Any ideas what is causing this? Would upgrading to axis 1.4 help?

Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a portion of the stack trace:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.axis.message.Text cannot be cast to org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.onEndChild(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:299) at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1090) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:395) at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227) at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696) at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424) at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62) at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206) at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2765) at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2748) at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2424) at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2347) at...
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008
The fix I found was to upgrade CF8's Axis from 1.2.1 to 1.4.

I downloaded Axis 1.4 binaries, stopped CF, copied axis.jar, wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar,saaj.jar and jaxrpc.jar to Coldfusion's lib folder and restarted CF.

The ClassCastException didn't arise when testing. One caveat: Applying Coldfusion 8 updaters will revert Axis back to 1.2.1.

I found this at:
http://tjordahl.blogspot.com/2005/09/upgrading-coldfusion-mx-7-to-axis-13.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix I found was to upgrade CF8's Axis from 1.2.1 to 1.4.

I downloaded Axis 1.4 binaries, stopped CF, copied axis.jar, wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar,saaj.jar and jaxrpc.jar to Coldfusion's lib folder and restarted CF.

The ClassCastException didn't arise when testing. One caveat: Applying Coldfusion 8 updaters will revert Axis back to 1.2.1.

I found this at:
http://tjordahl.blogspot.com/2005/09/upgrading-coldfusion-mx-7-to-axis-13.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Can you please update us on the version of saaj jar compatible with axis-1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation