• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cold Fusion 10 Updates

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to download and install about 6 different updates that showed up when I started up CF 10 Admin.   My server has MS Server 2003 installed and there isn't much chance the customer will upgrade it in the near future.  The server is next door to my office, but we don't have KVMs installed and I can access it via Terminal Services.   The process for downloading and installing these updates is taking forever.  Could this issue be due to the fact that I'm using Terminal Services?   Thanx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

To manually apply the update, can you try the following steps:-

1. Download the update from http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/coldfusion/hotfix_014.jar?

2. Copy the jar file to {cf_install}\jre\bin\.

3. Launch Command prompt as Administrator.

4. Browse to the location mentioned in Step 2 and type this command “java –jar hotfix_014.jar

5. It will launch the update window. Follow the on screen instructions

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To manually apply the update, can you try the following steps:-

1. Download the update from http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/coldfusion/hotfix_014.jar?

2. Copy the jar file to {cf_install}\jre\bin\.

3. Launch Command prompt as Administrator.

4. Browse to the location mentioned in Step 2 and type this command “java –jar hotfix_014.jar

5. It will launch the update window. Follow the on screen instructions

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They finally completed.  Oracle is hogging resources and nothing is being done, other than the database is up.  I am currently up to date.  Thank you for the input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, Anit provided the way to manually download the update and install it (as opposed to using the updater built into ColdFusion Admnistrator).  So you could download it on your machine and then copy it to your server and install it from there manually.

Also, you don't have to download every update and install them sequentially.  Each update is cumulative, so just download the latest one (Update 14 is the latest).  Make sure you rebuild the web connectors as directed after the installation is complete (if you are using IIS).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old habit... Oracle does updates sequentially.  Live and learn.   Thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation