Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cold Fusion 11 updates (Security fixes)

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have installed Cold Fusion 11 in a developement environment.

I noticed that there is an update for a security issue.

I am unable to locate the update (security fix) for Cold Fusion 11.

Does any one know where the update is located so I can download it?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion 10 and 11 use the built-in update feature to download and install security fixes and product updates.  You can access the Server Update tool from within the ColdFusion Administrator.  When updates are available, they will appear with an orange star at the top right-hand side of the Administrator page, just to the left of the LOGOUT button.  Click the star and it will take you to the updates section.  Alternatively, you can scroll down the left-hand navigation menu to the Server Update panel, click on it to expand it, then click on "Updates".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found the update link, but when I select the Download and Install nothing happens.

Should something appear during the installation of the fixes?

There is a message on the screen "There are no installed updates" wording after the showing of the updates and before the Auto-Check option.

Also, should the Updates disappear after being installed?

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Once update is applied, CFadmin > System Information  should report EG:
Update Level  D:/ColdFusion11/cfusion/lib/updates/chf11000002.jar

CFadmin > Server Update > Updates > Installed updates tab should say EG:
ColdFusion 11 Update 1 
Update Level: 01
Update Type:  General
Install Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:26:01 +1000
Update Description:  etc

Perhaps you could try to apply the update manually. Likely the updates are downloaded and located here:
\ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updates as hotfix_001.jar or hotfix_002.jar for update 1 and 2. Run CMD prompt as administrator. CD (change directory) to \ColdFusion11\jre\bin then type in (drive letter and paths may vary):
java -jar c:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updates\hotfix_002.jar

follow the graphic window prompts specifying correct paths as needed.

Reminder update 1 and update 2 have a patch for CF to IIS connector. This needs manually applying after update with WSCONFIG tool.

HTH, Carl M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot find the hot fix files.

When I went to the, http://www.adobe.com/go/coldfusion-updates, URL shown in the Admin Update page, it states that "You are viewing a feed that contains frequently updated content. When you subscribe to a feed, it is added to the Common Feed List. Updated information from the feed is automatically downloaded to your computer and can be viewed in Internet Explorer and other programs."

Do I need to subscribe to the Updates?

If so, is there anything on the admin page options need to be done to access the feed?

There are more than one Cold Fusion sites. How can other sites (Admin) access the updates?

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

You can download CF11 Update 2 from here:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/coldfusion/cf11/hotfix_002.jar

Copy hotfix_002.jar to \ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updates\ and run CMD mentioned before as administrator in command prompt.

HTH, Carl M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation