Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cold Fusion 2018 CAR Archive Build "Metrics Service is not available"

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded to ColdFusion 2018.

When we go to create a CAR archive, we get the following error and the CAR file is not create.

"Error","","06/24/20","09:09:44",,"The metrics service is not available."

If we deselect All in the server settings , we are able to create CAR.

Any ideas what is causing this error?

Thanks,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's an odd one. I would normally propose that whenever I saw an error about the "metrics service", I would be concerned first if there was any error in the CF logs at startup (see espeically the colfusion-out.log and colfusion-error.log). Then second, I would be concerned that perhaps there was an error in applying whatever most recent CF update was applied. For more on that, see my post here: https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2019/03/problems-applying-cf-update-check-first/

But when you say it ONLY happens if you don't select ALL for the CAR mechanism, that is indeed a new one. And while I STILL think the above apply (and may help you find the real root cause), if they do not, I would propose that the next thing would be to find out WHICH of the options you do NOT check cause this.

I realize you may find that too tedious to bother, but I just suggest it as something to try if you're willing. Again, it may then give a clue as to where the real problem is.

If you want to instead just leave this question here as-is (not trying anything), to see if Adobe or anyone else may reply, I'll understand (but I am not too hopeful that there's some "known issue", given how I've never seen it before--and I live in these forums and also help folks directly with CF troubleshooting daily, in my work).

I for one am really looking forward to hearing how things go with this. 🙂

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mark, what do you mean by "deselect All in the server settings"? Some of the server settings are numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation