• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cold Fusion and RETS

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a real estate application.  

I am having difficulty with the pulling down the information from my MLS Server (Hawaii in case your wondering).

I have looked through the site and have played with the different snippets of code that are on different sites and have played with error after error.  Is there anyone out there that can guide me in the right direction?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What difficulties are you having? What errors are you getting? What have you tried?

This is a very unique case / setup so you will need a little bit more information to go on before anyone can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<cfhttp

url="http://matrixrets.hicentralmls.com/rets/action.ashx"

method="get"

firstrowasheaders="yes"

username="AlankoeniG"

password="wW9C3hgs"

result="test">

</cfhttp>

<cfoutput >

#test#

</cfoutput>

Result

Complex object types cannot be converted to simple values.

The expression has requested a variable or an intermediate expression result as a simple value. However, the result cannot be converted to a simple value. Simple values are strings, numbers, boolean values, and date/time values. Queries, arrays, and COM objects are examples of complex values.

The most likely cause of the error is that you tried to use a complex value as a simple one. For example, you tried to use a query variable in a cfif tag.

The error occurred in D:/home/manpcs.com/wwwroot/retstest.cfm: line 23
21 : 22 : <cfoutput > 23 : #test# 24 : </cfoutput>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE: If you posted your RETS credentials in your post, you may want to remove them... or request that the provider change them now that you've posted it.

Use <CFDump variable="#test#"> when outputting the "test" variable so that you can identify what is being returned.  (Also, the response returned is not a CSV table.)

Which version of ColdFusion are you using? (ie, If HTTPS is required, there's a chance that ColdFusion 9 won't be able to connect. There may be other issues too.)

Depending on what you are attempting to access, you may require additional privileges.  We initially had to negotiate to get open house data.  Some property statuses and agent-only data may not be available either.

Regarding photos, we have a task in RETS Connector that downloads modified photos since the time the task last ran.  We use a command line tool to rename the JPG files (since ColdFusion's file system is really slow by comparison & timing out.)  We have other scripts that optimize & move the photos to a production directory based on partial MLS name (so that they aren't all in the same sub-directory.)  This method was better than hoping that the RETS script-based photo URLs were responsive and performant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CF 11. 

I thought I had changed that.  Thank you for pointing i out.  I have already requested new credentials.

This is my new error.

struct

Charset [empty string]

ErrorDetail [empty string]

Filecontent <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/> <title>401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.</title> <style type="text/css"> <!-- body{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background:#EEEEEE;} fieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;} h1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;} h2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;} h3{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;} #header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:"trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF; background-color:#555555;} #content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;} .content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-top:8px;padding:10px;position:relative;} --> </style> </head> <body> <div id="header"><h1>Server Error</h1></div> <div id="content"> <div class="content-container"><fieldset> <h2>401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.</h2> <h3>You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.</h3> </fieldset></div> </div> </body> </html>

Header HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized Access Denied Cache-Control: no-cache Cache-control: no-cache="set-cookie" Content-Type: text/html Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 00:00:07 GMT Expires: -1 Pragma: no-cache RETS-Version: RETS/1.7.2 Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5 Set-Cookie: AWSELB=6D3DA3DA84958100DCC437817DEE0165DD22D26653118C1A244BAB4B589AC8DF9BCA064111E7535E94C84FA551FB7E15452C4223519328157171B00828F20C06F506B964;PATH=/;MAX-AGE=86400 X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET Content-Length: 1293 Connection: Close

Mimetype text/html

Responseheader

struct

Cache-control

struct

1 no-cache

2 no-cache="set-cookie"

Connection Close

Content-Length 1293

Content-Type text/html

Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 00:00:07 GMT

Expires -1

Explanation Unauthorized Access Denied

Http_Version HTTP/1.1

Pragma no-cache

RETS-Version RETS/1.7.2

Server Microsoft-IIS/7.5

Set-Cookie AWSELB=6D3DA3DA84958100DCC437817DEE0165DD22D26653118C1A244BAB4B589AC8DF9BCA064111E7535E94C84FA551FB7E15452C4223519328157171B00828F20C06F506B964;PATH=/;MAX-AGE=86400

Status_Code 401

X-AspNet-Version 4.0.30319

X-Powered-By ASP.NET

Statuscode 401 Unauthorized Access Denied

Text YES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll have to use SOAP and post XML.  (The RETS Web Services components used by RETS2 are SOAP 1.2, WSDL 1.1 ,XML 1.0 and XML Schema.)

Review the RETS specs here:

http://www.reso.org/specifications

The RETS PDF located here has XML samples:

https://reso.memberclicks.net/assets/RETS/Specifications/rets2_service_final.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Implementations of RETS are standardized, but vary from provider to provider.  What works for one RETS data provider may not work for another depending on how each service is configured, so there's no simple API.  Depending on the version of ColdFusion you are using, you may also encounter CFHTTP connection or performance issues.  I'd recommend avoiding real-time connections to RETS as it can be unresponsive at times or require re-authentication in the middle of the session.

To avoid having to make changes with each RETS server upgrade, we opted to use "RETS Connector" to bulk download MLS data in the background (no ColdFusion thread required) to CSV format and then use BULK INSERT to import the data directly into a SQL database.

http://www.retsconnector.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  We have looked at this option and may use it for the public area.   We need to do analysis of different properties that seem fairly problematic using retsconnector.  How did you solve your MLS's version of photos?  Ours seems like it will be fun in figuring out.   Any help is always welcome.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation