Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 10 Dev on Mac / MAMP / Trouble connecting MySQL 5 Datasource

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm running ColdFusion Dev 2016.0.03.301771. When I try to add a MySQL 5 Datasource to connect a DB I am getting the following error:

Connection verification failed for data source: xxx1_dbname

java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection

Anyone know how I could fix this? I've tried reconfiguring the webserver configuration but it doesn’t seem to help. Could really use some help getting this setup.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that error is telling you that coldfusion is timing out while trying to connect to the host.  is it a local database server? can you connect to it with mysql client or command line from the same server that coldfusion is on? is there a firewall in between?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will normally be because a firewall is blocking the port required for it to connect.  Is this DB located on the same server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, this was a local database server. I had the port to MySQL incorrect and now am able to verify the MySQL datasource. Now the problem is, if I go to 127.0.0.1:8888/mysite the site is not displaying, I'm just seeing the raw content and the CF tags in the source. I have set the directory index to  index.cfm in MAMPs http.conf file.

<IfModule wsgi_module>

DirectoryIndex index.wsgi index.py index.cfm

</IfModule>

What else am I missing here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation