• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 10 RHEL6 permission denied install error

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a ton of trouble getting a new install up and running on RHEL6. Its ColdFusion 10 and when I try to install the package I get an error that says:

ColdFusion_10_WWEJ_linux64.bin line 3309 /tmp/install.dir.21145/Linux/resource/jre/java: Permission Denied

This dies right after the installer starts working.

I have tired: sudo ./Install - Same results

I have also changed permissions on the installer directory (can you restart a failed install from the directory?)

SELinux is *NOT* enabled so I have skipped past this part.

Anyone have any suggestions in getting this installed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would never otherwise suggest what I am about to suggest, HOWEVER..

Try logging on as root and try the install that way.  Then IMMEDIATELY log off.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade

Thanks for you answer. I suggested that but on this machine I don't think we ca obtain root access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after doing some more research, I have found that this machine does not like to have anything install from the /tmp directory.

The first thing the installer does is extract the directory contents to /tmp.install.[random number] folder. This is where I get that error that I have a permission denied. So, I jumped down in the directories to make sure I (the user on Linux) had permissions and nothing was set weird. I did see that I could not as so much get the java -version to work.

I then moved the entire directory to my home directory and did the same thing and java responded with a version number. So, if I could just set the installer to use a specific directory of my choosing, I think I would be a step closer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this on stack and hopefully it will help someone in the future: So to review, I have a RHEL6 server that I need to install CF10 on. To complicate the matter I am required to run this silently and to use Ansible for the installation. The install wasn't working so I started over in just getting it to install on the machine then to script it later. I found out that this machine had been locked down already and I could not install anything from the /tmp directory.

This post showed an example script on how to change the tmp directory How do I tell ColdFusion 9.0.1 to use a directory besides /tmp? - Stack Overflow

It says its for CF9 but I also got it to work with CF10.

Here is the script from the post:

cd /opt/coldfusion9/bin
IATEMPDIR
=/home/coldfusion
export IATEMPDIR
LAX_DEBUG
=1
export LAX_DEBUG
./ColdFusion_update_901_WWEJ_linux64.bin

Enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation