• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 10 Scheduled Task

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a scheduled task in CF 10. It has been running successfully however, now it runs but actually it does not. The scheduler log says it is triggering but actually does not. When the task's URL accessed directly from browser the CF page actually get executed.

The scheduled task calls all other tasks using CFHTTP.

Any advise would be of great help on what could be the issue with scheduled task. I have restarted the CF instance with no success. The log set in the task says "Connection Failure".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Try running the URL (of the task) in a CFHTTP call, and dump the cfhttp variable after that, to see what happens.

And you ARE confirming that it’s an https url? You probably WILL find that it’s about an issue of the JVM underlying CF having an issue with the SSL/TLS support of the server being called (in the URL). It MAY be that you need a certificate added to CF (to the JVM underlying CF), if the site you’re calling has something requiring you to have a client cert in CF.

But more typically it’s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say the task's URL is accessed directly from the browser, do you mean a browser on the same machine running CF, or another machine? It's common for servers not to have access to the same DNS records as workstations do.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dave Watts: No,I accessed the URL from another machine. After searching I found somebody mentioned that it may be because of SSL certificates updated in IIS but not in cacerts file. In my case, I am not sure if SSL certificates were updated and I believe the certificates have been updated in past but this issue was not there.

Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running the URL (of the task) in a CFHTTP call, and dump the cfhttp variable after that, to see what happens.

And you ARE confirming that it’s an https url? You probably WILL find that it’s about an issue of the JVM underlying CF having an issue with the SSL/TLS support of the server being called (in the URL). It MAY be that you need a certificate added to CF (to the JVM underlying CF), if the site you’re calling has something requiring you to have a client cert in CF.

But more typically it’s just that the TLS/SSL support in the server being called has changed and is now of a level which the underlying CF JVM can’t support. In such cases, the solution nearly always is just a need to update the JVM CF is using, especially to Java 8. You mention being on CF10. The JVM CF originally came with was Java 6 (1.6). Later installers (in 2013) updated it to Java 7. And CF10’s update 14 also allowed you to update to Java 8. More at https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2014/10/coldfusion-10-and-11-support-with-java-8/.

And if you try to update the JVM and have trouble, consider the many possible problems and solutions that I outline in a blog post here:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2014/12/11/help_I_updated_CFs_JVM_and_it_wont_start

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My own experience is that you typically do have to install the root and intermediate certificates in the Java keystore, and this has nothing to do with client certificates. You don't have to add the site's own certificate, just the certificates that make up the chain of trust for that site. The Java keystore has far fewer entries than one used by a typical browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dave Watts: Thank you very much for your help. The issue got resolved by importing the certificate to JAVA keystore (cacerts file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie Arehart: Thank you very much for your help. The issue got resolved by importing the certificate to JAVA keystore (cacerts file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear. Thanks for the update, and for marking my reply as the answer. Hope it will help others in the future also.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever you have a problem with a scheduled task or CFHTTP call in general, you should test it from the console with a regular browser to see if it's a DNS or general network connectivity issue. If not, you should move on and do all the stuff Charlie mentioned already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation