Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 10 to 2018 migration

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have migrated from Coldfusion 10 to 2018. In the windows services I see Coldfusion 10 services and Coldfuision 2018 services running.

When I stop the CF 10 services and just run the CF 2018 services the coldfusion administrator url does not work.

When I run the CF 10 services the CF administration works.

Do I need to run the CF 10 services? How do I make the CF administration work?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Getting started , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something happened during the install, I'm going to guess it was when the connector was run.  Recommend uninstalling both, then install the CF2018 so that when you run the connector it sees only the CF2018 services.

V/r,

^ _ ^

PS.. then, again, this is really a question for Charlie Arehart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have used ColdFusion Migration wizard to migrate from old to new version. It migrated successfully without any errors. But, in the  windows program services when we stop the CF 10 services (.net service, application, ODBC services) the CF admin does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CF Administrator is just a web application. When you install each version of CF, you'll get a separate CF Administrator in a different location. With CF 2018, you can't get to it through an external web site by default, so you'd have to go to:

http://localhost:85XX/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

... where XX are the last two digits of the port used by that CF install. If you have both on your machine, you probably have something like this:

http://localhost:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm - your CF 10 install

http://localhost:8501/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm - your CF 2018 install

Note that it's possible that you didn't enable the built-in web server at all with CF 10, so it wouldn't have a port number and you'd use 8500 for your CF 2018 install, I guess. During the install process, the installer gives you all the port numbers, and they're also in the install log files created in each CF directory.

If you didn't enable the built-in web server with CF 10, it's possible that you're accessing the CF Administrator like this:

http://www.your_server.com/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

In that case, this URL would resolve to the old CF Administrator app and would be serviced by the old CF server until you remove the web server connector and replace it with the one for CF 2018.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run all the CF 2018 services and shut down the CF 10 services in the windows sevices the CF 2018 admin page does not work.

The CF 2018 admin works only when all the CF 2018 services and CF 10 application service is running.

How can I stop CF 10 application service and make the CF 2018 admin to work?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Questions:

What is your retired CF10 admin URL?

What is your CF2018 admin URL?

ColdFusion2018\cfusion\runtime\conf\server.xml has what syntax for internal webserver start Connector port="85??" redirectPort="8451" connectionTimeout="20000" protocol="HTTP/1.1"/ ?

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is your retired CF10 admin URL?

My CF10 Admin url is: http://localhost/cfide/administrator/index.cfm

What is your CF2018 admin URL?

My CF2018 Admin url is: http://localhost:8500/cfide/administrator/index.cfm

In ColdFusion2018\cfusion\runtime\conf\server.xml has what syntax for internal webserver start ?

<Connector port="8500" redirectPort="8451" connectionTimeout="20000" protocol="HTTP/1.1"/>

<Connector port="8018" redirectPort="8451" connectionTimeout="60000" protocol="AJP/1.3"/>

In ColdFusion10\cfusion\runtime\conf\server.xml has what syntax for internal webserver start ?

<Server Port="8007" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

<Connector port="8012" redirectPort="8445" protocol="AJP/1.3"/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HK, Dave Watts has presented clearly what is at issue, and between that and answering Carl's questions you really should be able to resolve this. It's just a misconfiguration issue, either in IIS or in the web server connector.

To be clear, no, one should NOT have to "keep cf10 running, to access the admin in CF2018". Not at all. Once you sort out the issue, you will be able to leave CF10 off.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here are my configuration settings. Let me know where is the misconfiguration issue (IIS, Webconnector) so I can stop the CF 10 application service running?

My CF10 Admin url is: http://localhost/cfide/administrator/index.cfm

My CF2018 Admin url is: http://localhost:8500/cfide/administrator/index.cfm

In ColdFusion2018\cfusion\runtime\conf\server.xml  syntax for internal webserver start :

<Connector port="8500" redirectPort="8451" connectionTimeout="20000" protocol="HTTP/1.1"/>

<Connector port="8018" redirectPort="8451" connectionTimeout="60000" protocol="AJP/1.3"/>

In ColdFusion10\cfusion\runtime\conf\server.xml syntax for internal webserver start :

<Server Port="8007" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

<Connector port="8012" redirectPort="8445" protocol="AJP/1.3"/>

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the surface, nothing about that seems amiss (and I had already seen it when you shared it before). There COULD be something amiss within IIS that may explain things.

But you say that what does not work is the CF Admin for 2018, and you show that you are using the port 8500 for that. And by default CF10 would not have enabled that (and you don't list it among the lines for 10).

But perhaps what's happening is that you (or someone) is trying to access the CF admin NOT via that port 8500, but via a URL like the one you show for CF10 (that is NOT using a port, and so IS going through IIS. That would NOT work, because a) CF2016 and above have made that not work by default, and yet b) if you DO have a misconfiguration inside of IIS (and use this sort of URL, without port 8500) then the problem MAY be that IIS IS directing requests for THAT URL to CF10...and that's why when CF10 is stopped it fails.

But again, you have said multiple times that you use port 8500 for the CF Admin for CF2018. Are you 100% sure about that? If so, then perhaps CF10 IS configured to use port 8500 (it could be, even though you don't show it). And in that case, if you stop CF10 but start CF2018, then IT (cf2018) will use that port, and perhaps then all will work.

And it is possible for you to configure that server.xml to have the CF10 version use 8500 and the CF2018 version use 8501. You'd just edit that file, save it, and restart CF. Then you could have both running (and CF would have done that by default, if you had CF10 running and it was using that 8500 port--it WOULD have had CF2018 use an incremented number above that. But if you may have STOPPED CF10 while installing CF2018, it would NOT have done that and would have had 2018 use the 8500 by default.)

Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hk24591112,

What you need to do is:

1) Disable ColdFusion 10.

To do so, go to Control Panel => Administrative Tools and open Services.

Locate all the ColdFusion 10 services. 

For each ColdFusion 10 service perform the following:

Right-click on the service;

Select Properties;

Set Startup Type to Disabled;

Click on Stop;

2) Restart ColdFusion 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKBK, why are you telling HK how to disable his CF10 sites? HK is saying that when they stop CF10 (whether they stop it manually or set it to disabled), they finds that their CF2018 admin does not work.

That's what my last reply here tries to help them to address. Talking about disabling the CF10 services seems to be a curious step, given what's been shared so far. Care to share any more on why you are going down that route?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie_Arehart , my suggestion is simply what I consider an answer to the original post. I have nothing to add till hk24591112 tells us the outcome of the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, if you say so. But again they said that stopping CF CF10 prevented the CF2018 admin working. Disabling the CF10 service wouldn't help that, but your reply suggests somehow it might.

I guess I'll ask a different question: had you read the various replies since Feb 3 from Dave, Carl, Wolfshade, and myself before offering that answer? If not, well, I suppose that's your prerogative, but it would seem more helpful to do that before tossing in a answer, if that's really what you're saying you did.

Sorry, I know it sounds like I'm scolding. But it does frustrate me to see when that happens (folks offering answers in the forums, which don't take into account any of the preceding replies). Especially for someone like you who often can offer such useful additional info, it just seems it would be far more useful if it was offered relative to what's already been offered.

In this case, I had just offered a more specific set of questions which do build on what Dave and Carl had said, (and replying to a clarification from hk), trying to get them to make further clarifications. So your comment just seems to come out of left field. I do appreciate that you (like all of us) are wanting to help. Just explaining my last response to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie_Arehart , I disagree with your logic and with the pattern of discourse you suggest: "... it does frustrate me to see when that happens (folks offering answers in the forums, which don't take into account any of the preceding replies).".

Then I would hope I and others could frustrate you even more! 😉 In my opinion, contributors in this forum are free to say whatever they want, as long as it is relevant to the issue being discussed. You never know beforehand where the nugget lies.

Anyway, I read all the posts before making the suggestion. That is in fact what inspired the new idea. We're birds of a ColdFusion feather, but we don't always have to flock together. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to stop the CF10 services and run the CF2018 admin. CF 2018 admin is working .

But, I have problem with my website. When I stop the CF 10 services and run my web app with CF 2018 services I am getting jakart/ISAPI/ISAPI_Redirector/1.2.32() error.

Need help solving the jakart/ISAPI/ISAPI_Redirector/1.2.32() error.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, this is a long thread so I hope I didn't miss anything earlier. But it sounds like you're still using the web server connectors that came with CF 10. If so, you will need to uninstall those, then install the ones that come with the new version of CF. This will replace some old DLLs with new ones, and (should) replace your jakarta virtual directory references with new ones that point to the same place. You should be able to run the old version of wsconfig.exe in your CF 10 directory assuming you haven't deleted that entirely. It should show you however many IIS connectors you have set up - typically one per IIS server or one per IIS site. Just delete them all and exit from wsconfig.exe. Then, switch to the wsconfig.exe in your new CF directory, and recreate them.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation