Exit

Coldfusion 10 Update 15 broke our Coldfusion installation

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation hung up here:

Failed to copy hotfix files:C:\Users\itsm-sse-svc-cf\331588.tmp\dist\cfusion
                          Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Failed to copy the hotfix files to the target location:E:\ColdFusion10\cfusion
                                            FATAL ERROR - E:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\bin\coldfusion.exe (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)

Tried several times, making sure all services were stopped, but no luck.

But uninstaller won't work either.

All coldfusion pages get this error:

Service Temporary Unavailable!

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.32 ()

If I try an html page on the server, though, it works.

I did recreate the connectors afterward.

I guess we will try and reinstall CF10 really, really frustrating.  Thankfully it was on our dev server, not live.  Will not install this update on live until it's fixed....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to uninstall CF10 completely. It seems like, you don't have permissions on the hotfix directory mentioned in your post.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem with a CF11 update. I solved it by rebooting the server. That is an OS reboot not just restarting CF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Restarting the service did not do it, btw.)  I was able to get update 15 uninstalled, but the service still doesn't work.  Strangely, I was able to uninstall 15 only after uninstalling 12 and then reinstalling 15.  However now I can't install 12 and get a similar error:

FATAL ERROR - E:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\bin\coldfusion.exe (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)

This seems to be the core issue.  However, it is not running and I can add and delete test files in that directory.  This makes me wonder if there is some sort of lock file which is not going away and making windows think codfusion.exe is in use...

All I can say, is thank goodness we tried this on dev first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"(Restarting the service did not do it, btw)"

No it will not - You have to restart the box, a sever reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We did a full reboot as well, no dice.  Currently awaiting call back from Adobe to work through it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation