Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 11 ENT - Stopping an instance stops also other instances

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I have a very strange problem and I cannot find a solution.

I have 5 server instances (CF11 Enterprise) named: cfserver1, cfserver2 ... cfserver5

Stopping cfserver1 or cfserver3 or cfserver4 or cfserver5 works as expected..

But stopping cfserver2 does also stop cfserver3, cfserver4 AND cfserver5.

I've alread checked all server.xml files and ports, but I cannot find the reason why stopping cfserver2 results in stopping also cfserver3, cfserver4 AND cfserver5.

Does anyone have a hint for me ?

Best regards

Knut

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Hi Carl,

thanks for your answer. I've checked every single Log file, but I found nothing about the unwanted stopping of the server instances.

At least I've found the error reason:

On our Debian Linux Server we actually use GC logging for every CF instance. When stopping cfserver2, the "ps faux | grep com.adobe.coldfusion.bootstrap.Bootstrap | grep -w /opt/cofu11ent/cfserver2" command in the start/stop script checks which processes belong to it. In addition to cfserver2, also the cfserver3, cfserver

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Knut,

Maybe there will be useful information to check in log files ColdFusion11\instance\logs\coldfusion-error.log . Perhaps compare the details in log for when a instance is stopped on purpose versa when it is somehow stopped by stopping another instance.

Here is an example of CF11 instance being put thru a stop to have something to compare:

Nov 03, 2016 3:26:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer await

INFO: A valid shutdown command was received via the shutdown port. Stopping the Server instance.

Nov 03, 2016 3:26:10 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol pause

INFO: Pausing ProtocolHandler ["http-apr-8506"]

Nov 03, 2016 3:26:10 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol pause

INFO: Pausing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-apr-8020"]

Nov 03, 2016 3:26:11 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stopInternal

INFO: Stopping service Catalina

Nov 03, 2016 3:26:16 PM org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.JavaUtilLog info

INFO: Stopped ServerConnector@5694cc4c{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:5503}

Nov 03, 2016 3:26:16 PM org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.JavaUtilLog info

INFO: Stopped o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler@38fe5b83{/,null,UNAVAILABLE}

Nov 03, 2016 3:26:16 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol stop

INFO: Stopping ProtocolHandler ["http-apr-8506"]

Nov 03, 2016 3:26:16 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol stop

INFO: Stopping ProtocolHandler ["ajp-apr-8020"]

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carl,

thanks for your answer. I've checked every single Log file, but I found nothing about the unwanted stopping of the server instances.

At least I've found the error reason:

On our Debian Linux Server we actually use GC logging for every CF instance. When stopping cfserver2, the "ps faux | grep com.adobe.coldfusion.bootstrap.Bootstrap | grep -w /opt/cofu11ent/cfserver2" command in the start/stop script checks which processes belong to it. In addition to cfserver2, also the cfserver3, cfserver4 and cfserver5 were found here. This is where the name "cfserver2" appears, although this are the instances cfserver3, cfservers4 and cfserver5. A shutdown of the server "cfserver2" also finds the processes of these servers and shut them also down.

The wrong path "-Xloggc: /opt/coldfusion/cfserver2/logs/gc.log" in the jvm.config files of cfserver3, cfserver4 and cfserver5 were caused by copy and paste and forgetting to correct the paths. :-((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation