• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 11 java.sql.SQLException (Missing MySQL 5 driver)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Coldfusion 11 on a new Windows 7 build. Additionally installed the latest version of WAMP (to develop my databases).

I created a datasource, and used MySQL5 for my driver.  When i try to connect my database (created in WAMP) i get the following error:

Connection verification failed for data source: myTestdb java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for myTestdb, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for myTestdb, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.  Any suggestions?

I searched the web, and all the solutions are extremely confusing.  Does anyone have a straight forward solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

What part are you finding confusing?

You should simply have to download the  driver - MySQL :: Download Connector/J

Extract the jar file. Then put this jar in the CF11 install lib directory. Which on windows is C:\Coldfusion11\cfusion\lib by default.

Restart CF11 and then check its loaded up by looking at the system settings option in the CF administrator or by adding a db connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What part are you finding confusing?

You should simply have to download the  driver - MySQL :: Download Connector/J

Extract the jar file. Then put this jar in the CF11 install lib directory. Which on windows is C:\Coldfusion11\cfusion\lib by default.

Restart CF11 and then check its loaded up by looking at the system settings option in the CF administrator or by adding a db connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.  the file i downloaded was a zip file which contained multiple files.  It was not clear if i should place the zip file, or the unzipped folder into the lib directory.  I just placed the jar file, and everything is working fine.  Appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, Adobe left MySQL drivers OUT of CF11 install.  As haxtbhā€Œ pointed out, it's a simple download, extract, place, and service restart.

I went through the same confusion when I was setting up my virtual dev network at home.  It was complicated enough to put it on Ubuntu; then this. 

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is Mac, I am trying to connect to my database on MySQL5 through Coldfusion11. I received a similar warning message as below: 

Connection verification failed for data source: mydb_mysql
java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I have downloaded the JDBC driver through MySQL :: Download Connector/J. It helped me to be able to create the data source, but when I tried to connect to my database through filling "Database", "Server", "Port", "Username", and "Password". I got the message as above all the time. 

To masters of problem-solver Charlie_Arehart and haxtbhā€Œ, I appreciate it if you could help me go through this! 

All the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wafer, first thanks for the kind regards. As for the error, it's not really a CF one, but a mysql error, about mysql configuration.

Had you simply Googled the message? The first result seems to have all you need:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41645309/mysql-error-access-denied-for-user-rootlocalhost

If somehow you tried tried those options, let us know more details. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charlie,

I didn't find this solution before, thanks for the information. I will definitely give it a try and keep you posted.

Thank you again for the prompt reply!

Wafer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charlie,

I tried the solution through your link above but I couldn't solve it. However, I went back to try the connection on ColdFusion, I got this error message:

Connection verification failed for data source: Wafer_DataSource
java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the 'serverTimezone' configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the 'serverTimezone' configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

Is that something related to JDBC? I have already downloaded the JDBC driver and put it into "./cfusion/lib"

// This is how I fill in the info on ColdFusion //

dd.png

// This is the information on MySQL (version: 5.2.47) //

Name: wafer

Host: 127.0.0.1

Port: 3307

Server: MySQL

Version: 5.5.5-10.1.36-MariaDB

Login User: root

Current User: @

All the best,

Wafer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For various reasons (discussed if you google that error msg), you need to pass in a "correct" tz value, which you can do via the db connection string.

And you can do that via the advanced settings for typical cf dsns, which offers a field for that, or by adding it to the jdbc url, for an "other" jdbc driver.

The value to add (for eastern time) is serverTimezone=America/New_York. And if you would be adding that to any other, preface this one with an &.

Let us know how it goes. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation