• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 11, Mac Yosemite: Will not start,stop,scan at all

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been wrestling with Coldfusion 11 for a the past couple of days attempting to start the server so I can at launch the program. But, no matter what I do or try it won't start.

When I go into terminal and type:

/Applications/ColdFusion11/cfusion/bin

Results in: No such file or directory

The folder is at that location, everything is there.

So I'll try to start Coldfusion via Terminal

Results in:     You must be the root user to configure the ColdFusion to start on System boot. Start ColdFusion as "sudo ./coldfusion start" to configure.

Once it has been configured, start ColdFusion as "./coldfusion start" to run ColdFusion as non-root user.

Then I'll try

sudo ./coldfusion start

Results in: sudo: ./coldfusion: command not found

What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem as I just installed CF - did you ever get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I gave up and uninstalled everything. I couldn't make it work at all no matter what I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

I'm on a Mac w/ El Capitan (10.11.3) and ColdFusion 11. First I'll tell you my initial experience and then my solution. I'm going to be overly detailed for those that may find this and need it 😉

My Initial Experience:

Once the initial ColdFusion 11 installation was complete and it was time to open the Terminal... I opened the Terminal and typed the following: cd /Applications/Coldfusion11/cfusion/bin

That went well so then I typed: ./coldfusion start

That gave me the response mentioned in the original post "You must be the root user to configure the ColdFusion to start on System boot. Start ColdFusion as "sudo ./coldfusion start" to configure. Once it has been configured, start ColdFusion as "./coldfusion start" to run ColdFusion as non-root user."

So I typed "sudo ./coldfusion start" but that gave me the "... command not found..." response - so then I started over completely - For whatever reason I believe this is the trick... starting over from step one after receiving the above response is the only way I was able to move forward.

My Solution:

Step 1: (On Mac) Open the Terminal and type the following: cd /Applications/Coldfusion11/cfusion/bin

(and then hit return)

Step 2: Next, type the following: sudo ./coldfusion start

(and then hit return)

(you may be prompted for your password after hitting "return" - if so, enter it and hit return again)

Step 3: Next, and finally, type: ./coldfusion start

(and then hit return)

Once the Terminal responds letting you know that the ColdFusion 11 server has been started you can log into the ColdFusion 11 Administrator via a browser using the URL given to you upon completing the initial installation.

Hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation