• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 11 on Mac OSX 10.14.5 not starting

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had to restart my Mac server for the first time since Mac OSX upgrade from 10.14.4 to 10.14.5 last week.  ColdFusion now no longer starts.   Error log shows.

INFO: CFMxmlServlet: Macromedia Flex Build: 87315.134646

Jun 02, 2019 11:50:11 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start

INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8014"]

Jun 02, 2019 11:50:11 AM com.adobe.coldfusion.launcher.Launcher run

INFO: Server startup in 4859990 ms

Error: Could not load mediaLib accelerator wrapper classes. Continuing in pure Java mode.

Occurs in: com.sun.media.jai.mlib.MediaLibAccessor

com.sun.media.jai.mlib.MediaLibLoadException

Jun 02, 2019 12:02:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent

INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: /Applications/ColdFusion11/cfusion/bin/../lib:/Applications/ColdFusion11/cfusion/bin/../lib:

Jun 02, 2019 12:03:20 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init

INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8014"]

Jun 02, 2019 12:03:21 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startInternal

INFO: Starting service Catalina

Jun 02, 2019 12:03:21 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startInternal

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.90

Jun 02, 2019 12:03:29 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig execute

INFO: At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.

Jun 02, 2019 12:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGeneratorBase createSecureRandom

WARNING: Creation of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation using [SHA1PRNG] took [135] milliseconds.

Jun 02, 2019 12:03:51 PM sun.misc.ObjectInputFilter$Config lambda$static$0

INFO: Creating serialization filter from !org.mozilla.**;!com.sun.syndication.**;!org.apache.commons.beanutils.**

Jun 02, 2019 12:03:53 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: ColdFusionStartUpServlet: ColdFusion: Starting application services

Jun 02, 2019 12:03:53 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: ColdFusionStartUpServlet: ColdFusion: VM version = 25.172-b11

Anyone else have this problem.  I am assuming it might have something to do with SHA1 no longer supported. ColdFusion server was fully patched to the latest release as of last week.  Anyone else running ColdFusion on Mac OSX having this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JB, it may not really have anything to do with the OS update. Instead, it could be that a change was made between the last time CF started and this time.

So first, can you confirm if that time shown (12:03:53 PM) is indeed the time that you were starting CF? In other words, if you tried to start it again, does the time update?

1) If the current time does not show up there, then that log is not being written to, and that would mean that CF is not starting AT ALL. In that case, I would propose you go to the command line, and try to start CF from the coldfusion11/cfusion/bin folder. When you do that, you may see different errors, which may explain what's amiss.

For instance, a common problem is that between the last time CF was started and this current attempt, someone (or something) caused the JVM that CF is pointing to be removed. You could look at the cfusion/bin/jvm.config file, to see what the java.home variable is set to point to (the java.home would be among the first lines in the jvm.config file). If it points to a JVM that no longer exists, that's the problem.

If instead the JVM it points to DOES exist, see if perhaps it has only dozens of files among all its subdirectories. It should have hundreds. It could be that someone or something was trying to delete "old jvms", and CF was pointing to one, and the uninstall could not remove ALL the files because CF was pointing at them. But on restart, now it didn't have enough of the needed files to startup.

2) If the time in the log DOES change as you try to start it, then indeed there's something going on within the startup of CF.  I'd be curious what made you think it had to do with sha1 support. Also, have you confirmed that the CF update that you way was done had 0 errors? See Having problems after applying a CF update? What to check, and how to recover .

Let us know if it's any of these things or something else.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, the logs updated and repeated with each attempt the same message.  After I wrote up the issue, I went back in and the ColdFusion server had finally started!

It was roughly 15 minutes after I rebooted the server before it finally came up working perfectly fine!  Finally once I had the server up, I went into Admin and checked for an update (update 18 finally showed from March 1, 2019, which hadn't shown previously).  I updated and since then when rebooting, the server seems to come back on with the usual couple minutes for it all to boot up.  I still am not sure what caused it to take over 15 minutes to come back up, and this is the first time I have experienced such a long delay in the service starting up.  It might have been another program that was updating in the background that might have hogged the resource ColdFusion also needed to get Tomcat up and running.

I have now noticed a 10 second delay on starting up any of my test server sites the first time after a few hours of the site being idle (it used to be only about a 3 second delay previously, so something is affecting the connection to the Tomcat server, but it is working nonetheless so I can resume testing before putting it live on the production server again (I never like putting stuff up on the live server without running on a test server first).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation