• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 11 on RHEL, All Files in cfusion/bin are NOT executable.

Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed CF11 on RHEL and all the files in cfusion/bin are set to rw instead of rwx. I've tried both an upgrade install from CF9 and a fresh, clean install after removing CF9. No change. I've also tried both the prod an prod-secure profiles. How do I get around this? I see nothing related to this in documentation for the Linux installer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

RESOLVED: The CF installer writes a shell script into /tmp and tries to execute at the end of the install. For us, due to server lockdown for PCI DSS, we set the noexec or umask on certain file systems, so the shell script never executed. Remounted /tmp with execute permission until the installation and setup was done. Also had to update the cf_home directory group and user owner as it was mixed between root and the provided runtime user.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: I've also verified that umask was not causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RESOLVED: The CF installer writes a shell script into /tmp and tries to execute at the end of the install. For us, due to server lockdown for PCI DSS, we set the noexec or umask on certain file systems, so the shell script never executed. Remounted /tmp with execute permission until the installation and setup was done. Also had to update the cf_home directory group and user owner as it was mixed between root and the provided runtime user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation