• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 11 on windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running ColdFusion 11 on Windows 10. My http://localhost pulls up my windows page but when I added cfm files to wwwroot it won't run anymore and I get this error code.

I am simply using notepad and save my code files as cfm.

Help me

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Most likely causes:

• It is possible that a handler mapping is missing. By default, the static file handler processes all content.
  • The feature you are trying to use may not be installed.
  • The appropriate MIME map is not enabled for the Web site or application. (Warning: Do not create a MIME map for content that users should not download, such as .ASPX pages or .config files.)
  • If ASP.NET is not installed.

Things you can try:

• In system.webServer/handlers: 
    • Ensure that the expected handler for the current page is mapped.
    • Pay extra attention to preconditions (for example, runtimeVersion, pipelineMode, bitness) and compare them to the settings for your application pool.
    • Pay extra attention to typographical errors in the expected handler line.
  • Please verify that the feature you are trying to use is installed.
  •   Verify that the MIME map is enabled or add the MIME map for the Web site using the command-line tool appcmd.exe. 
    1. To set a MIME type, use the following syntax: %SystemRoot%\windows\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='string',mimeType='string']
    2. The variable fileExtension string is the file name extension and the variable mimeType string is the file type description.
    3. For example, to add a MIME map for a file which has the extension ".xyz": appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='.xyz',mimeType='text/plain']
      Warning: Ensure that this MIME mapping is needed for your Web server before adding it to the list. Configuration files such as .CONFIG or dynamic scripting pages such as .ASP or .ASPX, should not be downloaded directly and should always be processed through a handler. Other files such as database files or those used to store configuration, like .XML or .MDF, are sometimes used to store configuration information. Determine if clients can download these file types before enabling them. 
  • Install ASP.NET.
  • Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Detailed Error Information:

Module   StaticFileModule
Notification   ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler   StaticFile
Error Code   0x80070032

Requested URL   http://localhost:80/universityApp/main.cfm
Physical Path   C:\inetpub\wwwroot\universityApp\main.cfm
Logon Method   Anonymous
Logon User   Anonymous

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

This ticket is still marked as unanswered since in order to actually utilize the referenced article, which wasn't mentioned anywhere in this thread until I myself mentioned it, you would need to have the Coldfusion update installed somewhere. Which you can't upgrade unless you can access CFIDE, and you can't on windows 10 (more importantly, IIS 10)  -- hence this thread.

So I don't think I missed much, let me know where I'm wrong on that. The ordering of dates of postings seems irrelevant when on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

CF11 is not supported on Windows 10. Having said that perhaps you would like to try the pre-release updater 7 for use with IIS on Windows 10:

ColdFusion 11 Update 7 is available for early access — Adobe ColdFusion Blog

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Izabel,

Looks like the connectors have not been configured properly.

Please follow the below blog to get the supported wsconfig, and re-add the connectors. 

http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/running-coldfusion-10-and-11-on-windows-10

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

izabelm34768934‌ were you able to get things working using the suggestions provided above?

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Will report back if I find a resolution. Stating "windows 10 is not supported" doesn't seem like a valid answer, it's just an operating system running Java and IIS, so not sure how that could possibly be correlated in that way.

There is an answer, and we haven't found it yet.

edit:

How to get Coldfusion 10 to work with IIS 10 in Windows 10 - Stack Overflow

Running ColdFusion 10 and 11 on Windows 10 | Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Will attempt and post back if confirmed functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bdeg, this problem has been solved, long ago (late 2015, with CF11 update 7).

You must have missed it at the top of the reference you made to the blog post (which was from before the original post above). It points now to the post that came out just after that, where the update was finally released:

ColdFusion 11 Update 7 and ColdFusion 10 Update 18 are now available | Adobe ColdFusion Blog

So bottom line: yes, CF11 supports Windows 10 since that update.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ticket is still marked as unanswered since in order to actually utilize the referenced article, which wasn't mentioned anywhere in this thread until I myself mentioned it, you would need to have the Coldfusion update installed somewhere. Which you can't upgrade unless you can access CFIDE, and you can't on windows 10 (more importantly, IIS 10)  -- hence this thread.

So I don't think I missed much, let me know where I'm wrong on that. The ordering of dates of postings seems irrelevant when one is coming from a google search attempting to find an answer to an unanswered question, is it not? Surely more information is better than less.
I think the only thing that irks me more than an unanswered thread which certainly could've been answered, is someone (especially of your caliber) trying to bash another for sharing information on said lack of information. What a shame.

For me, the resolution was to install coldfusion using the integrated web server. Upgrade via CFIDE (it installs latest, you need update 7. The latest update apparently doesn't include this super useful update. I had to post-re--update to latest AFTER explicitly installing update #7 followed immediately by running IIS configuration via wsconfig tool), shutdown services to disable built-in server via server conf(optional), then iisreset.
For me, Doing as the article described (copying wsconfig.jar from a working upgraded machine, extracting, reconfiguring) did not resolve the problem, despite following the article exactly (and then some... manual config tried as well)

Curious how a little effort can go so far, even from a small-time cfusion user like myself. Further, how nice it must be to be the next person to happen across this, and have a valid answer present and typed explicitly.
Here's a screenshot for proof in case you had any additional doubts in my aptitude, eyesight, comprehension of dates, or reliability of resolution:

Untitled.jpg

See you on the next unresolved article!  Thank you for your super helpful response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll mark your answer as correct. Thanks for the lesson.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation