• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 11 or ColdFusion 2016

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I look for hosting for my website, I have been asked if I want ColdFusion 11 or ColdFusion 2016.  The ColdFusion project I have was done while I was in school in the fall of 2016 and I am not sure which version it was done in. Is there any way to tell? I no longer have access to the school server.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably won't matter, as they're both very similar in functionality. So I'd recommend going with 2016 just to be on a later version. You can download both versions and see whether it works any differently with one or the other, but that's probably more work than you want to spend on this.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Dave, but you may want to get familiar with CommanndBox so that you can run your project locally and test on each of the servers. You can even test on ColdFusion 2018 or Lucee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CF is backwards compatible so go with CF2016 or CF2018 if available for any new projects.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation