Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 11 Oracle support

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to find out what versions of Oracle will work with ColdFusion 11.  We're looking to upgrade Oracle 10g to Oracle 12.1, 12.2 or 18c.

I couldn't find anything in the specifications about whether later versions of Oracle will work.  Upgrading CF is not an option at the moment.

Thanks

Karl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure exactly which version 12 we are using, but I can confirm that CF11 supports at least Oracle db 12.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ColdFusion provides JDBC drivers for Oracle from DataDirect. I don't know what versions of Oracle they support, but the CF 11 support matrix indicates that some version of 12 is supported:https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf11/coldfusion11-support-...

https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf11/coldfusion11-support-...

Otherwise, you should be able to use Oracle's own JDBC drivers instead. These are free from Oracle, and would be downloaded and used as "Other" within the CF Administrator.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation