Update 16 has deleted all Scheduled Tasks all servers updated. Just gone??
After installing all scheduled tasks are gone.
Restoring old neo-cron.xml file did not work even if we did stop the CF-service before restoring the file.
After uninstall and restoring the neo-cron file everything was OK again.
This is not OK for a security update !!
Happened here too!
Yup, verified that restoring neo-cron.xml (from the .bak file it created, thank goodness) and restarting CF didn't work. It backs it up AGAIN and replaces it with an empty (default) neo-cron.xml. WTF Adobe???
Wow, this SUCKS.
So you uninstalled the update and neo-cron.xml and it works?
Or reinstalled CF completely?
I'm going to be backing up neo-cron.xml a lot more now!
Yes - we uninstalled the UPDATE, stopped the CF-service and put back the ne-cron.xml.
Then everything was like before.
But we cannot install the security update till CF-team patches this bug.
Ya, it's BAD. Please Adobe, fix this soon!
Thanks for your help!
I have added a bug here: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4204021
please vote for this bug if you are having the issue.
I have heard that Adobe is aware of the issue. I'm not sure what the course of action will be, I'm hoping they come out with another real update (not a jar file to download) to fix all the bugs soon.
It's also been confirmed that the update process overwrites the [cf_home]/[instance]/lib/neo-cron.bak file as well.
I had posted a workaround on the blog post about this I'll share here too.
Workaround – Manually edit a backup copy of the neo-crons.xml adding the below to each job and then replace the wiped out copy with this one and restart the services. If it gets wiped out again you missed a job. You can also rebuild all of your jobs by hand too.
<var name=’clustered’><boolean value=’false’/></var>
I'm not sure if this will work as I haven't tested it yet but you might be able to edit all of your jobs before upgrading to toggle clustering on then off which may update the neo-crons.xml with the missing field before doing the upgrade.
This is my fix as well. I also identified another change on eventhandlerrp. My u15 neo-cron.xml had them as <string></string> while u16 had them as <null/>.
We checked internally , the attribute eveenthandlerrp set as null should not cause any issue. We acknowledge that update 16 deleted scheduled tasks that were migrated . We have released a new update that fixes this issue.